This week I am sharing Amazing Travel Adventures New York style. Here in my Travel Destination Guide for New York find the best places to go and to see. Start planning your next vacation or getaway to New York State. Yes, New York City is an Amazing Travel Adventure but there is so much more to discover. Let’s explore.
Waterfalls and Piers and Wine Country – New York
1. Niagara Falls State Park is located at 332 Prospect St in Niagara Falls, New York. The park has something for everyone. Interactive exhibits, hiking trails, and food and drinks and shopping. They had me at food. For more information and park updates visit their website at www.niagarafallsstatepark.com or click here.
2. The Long Island City Gantry sign is located in a former dockyard on the Long Island section of the East River. Gantry Plaza State Park spans four piers and is perfect for self guided walking tours, picnics and people watching. For more information visit their website at www.parks.ny.gov or click here.
3. Seneca Lake, Cayuga and Keuka Lakes are wine country. And liquor country. And beer country. This region is home to over 100 wineries, distilleries and breweries. Don’t feel like driving from place to place? There is a Seneca Lake Wine trail cruise available. You do the tasting, let someone else do the driving. For more information visit their website at www.senecalakewine.com or click here. Please drink responsibly.
Castles and Parks and Bridges – New York
1. The Thousand Islands is a group of more than 1,800 islands located in the St Lawrence River. The islands can be found along the border of the United States and Canada. Construction began on Boldt Castle in 1900. This landmark is maintained by the Port Authority and is one of many treasures to discover while exploring Thousand Islands. For more information on Boldt Castle visit their website at www.boldtcastle.com or click here.
2. Letchworth State Park is more commonly know as the Grand Canyon of the East. The park is located in the Northwestern part of New York and covers over 14,000 acres. The park follows the course of the Genesse River as it creates gorges and waterfalls proving once again Mother Nature is truly Amazing! For more information visit www.parks.ny.gov or click here.
3. Manhattan Bridge connects Manhattan Island to Long Island. It is a suspension bridge that spans over 1,400 feet crossing the East River. The bridge opened to traffic in December 1909 and has been going strong ever since. For me it was love at first sight. I love bridges in general but there is something special about the Manhattan Bridge. I highly recommend exploring this amazing travel adventure. For more information visit www.1.nyc.gov or click here.
Firehouses and Ferris Wheels and Islands – New York
1. Hook & Ladder Company 8 was the home base for the movie Ghostbusters. The firehouse is at 14 North Moore Street in Tribeca, New York. The Ghostbusters emblem can still be seen at the front entrance of the firehouse. Are you the key master?
2. Wonder Wheel Ferris can be found in Coney Island located at 3059 W 12th Street in Brooklyn, New York. The wheel is 150 feet of amazingness. It is one of the oldest rides in Coney Island and dates back to 1920. That’s a lot of first kisses and marriage proposals.
3. Roosevelt Island is found within the borough of Manhattan. I am sharing Roosevelt Islands for 2 reasons. Reason 1: you can access Roosevelt Island through the Ariel Tramway. A four minute ride that offers breathtaking views of the New York skyline. Reason 2: The landmark lighthouse on the island was created to help guide ships through the waterway between the Bronx and Queens. Also known as “Hell’s Gate” Ghost stories abound.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – New York
Thank you for joining me through A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – New York. Northern New York, you had me at wine! Then New York added bridges and haunted lighthouses as the icing on the cake. Did your favorite go to places make my list? If not, share your favorite amazing travel adventures New York in the comments.
Looking to extend your vacation or getaway to New York and looking for more tings to do and see? Read my Blog Post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – New Jersey or click here. You’ll be glad you did!
Until Next Time,
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures - Pennsylvania - Wonder Lesch Blog
[…] to visit the real Niagara Falls? Check out my blog post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – New York or click here. New York has castles, bridges, wonder wheels and so much more. Let me know what your vacation […]