Hello and Welcome to My Next Travel Destination Guide: Amazing Travel Adventures – New Mexico.
Discovering new amazing treasures is what New Mexico is all about. So much to do and to see! New Mexico has something for everyone. Let’s travel!
Caverns and Trains and Balloons – New Mexico
1. Carlsbad Caverns National Park is located within the Guadalupe Mountains. The Caverns showcase Mother Nature’s amazing beauty. There are over 100 caves to explore and treasures to discover. At the time of the post the park was open to the public. Masks and social distancing are required. For more information and updates visit their website at www.nps.gov or click here.
2. Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad has been rolling through the Rocky Mountains since 1880. Highly recommend this 64 mile day trip showcasing meadows, deserts and canyons. All in the comfort of this amazing steam engine train. For more information and an updated schedule visit their website at www.cumbrestoltec.com or click here.
3. Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta takes place for over 9 days in October. Pilots from all over the world come to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta to compete with each other, learn from each other and fly with each other. The balloons rising with the sun in the early morning is breathtaking! For more information visit their website at www.balloonfiesta.com or click here.
Corners and Gorges and Communes – New Mexico
1. Four Corners Monument marks the spot in the United States where four different states touch. Those states are New Mexico, Utah, Arizona and Colorado. An admission fee is required to view and photograph the monument, but where else can you be four different places at once! At the time of this post the park is closed until further notice. For more updated information visit their website at www.navajonationparks.org or click here.
2. Rio Grande Gorge Bridge sits over 600 feet above the Rio Grande. Completed in 1965, the “Gorge Bridge” carries Highway 64 across the river. You can drive or walk across the 1280 foot span. I recommend walking! The views are amazing! For more information about the bridge and the city it lives in visit www.taos.org or click here.
3. Canyon Road Arts holds over 100 galleries, boutiques and restaurants. The Road itself is less than 1 mile but, it’s packed with many, many amazing treasures to discover. For more information and t start planning what you want to see visit www.canyonroadarts.com or click here.
Pistachios and Origami and Zozobra – New Mexico
1. McGinn’s Pistachioland. They had me at world’s largest pistachio but, wine tasting and local home made food! Win, win, win. Pistachioland is an amazing travel adventure 💚 For more information visit their website at www.pistachioland.com or click here.
2. Origami in the Garden is located in Los Cerrillos, New Mexico. This outdoor sculpture garden was created by Jennifer and Kevin Box. The garden showcases over 20 large scale metal, not paper, origami sculptures. My favorite is the horses, so creatively beautiful! For more information visit their website at www.origamiinthegarden.com or click here. Several pieces of art travel to different shows so there is always something new.
3. The Burning of Zozobra destroys peoples worries and fears from the previous year and signals the beginning of Fiestas de Santa Fe. The first burning took place in 1924 and has been taking place at Fort Macy Park the Friday before Labor Day ever since. For more history and some amazing videos visit www.burnzozobra.com or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – New Mexico
Thank you for traveling with me as I shared a few Amazing Travel Adventures in New Mexico. Did you discover some new amazing travel adventures to put on your must see list? Hot air balloons, a mile of art and burning your worries away are my top favorites from New Mexico. Did your favorite adventures make my list? If not, add it in the comments.
Did you know there is more to do in Nevada than stay on The Strip in Las Vegas? Don’t believe me, read my blog post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Nevada or click here to find out the truth. Can you handle the truth?!
Until Next Time,