Hello and welcome to Amazing Adventures – Horror Movie Themed Cocktails. This week’s cocktail adventures are staying with the Horror Movies featured at Crypticon Seattle. The theme is horror and I am sharing cocktails from American Werewolf in London, Nightmare on Elm Street and Sleepaway Camp. A whole lot of horror and a whole lot of taste!
Werewolf Bite Cocktail
Werewolf Bite was created after watching the cult classic movie American Werewolf in London. David and Jack are backpacking through England when a large wolf attacks. Jack is killed but David survives with only a bite. A werewolf bite.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces melon liqueur, 1 ounce absinthe and 3 ounces pineapple juice. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into cocktail glass with ice. Add 1ounce 7up and stir well. Add 1 ounce grenadine to cocktail glass quickly. Adding quickly will allow the grenadine to sink to the bottom of the glass.
3. Garnish with lemon wedge as desired. Please drink responsibly and limit your howling at the moon to a minimum. Or not! You can watch this cult classic with your cocktail on www.amazon.com.
Freddy’s Nightmare Cocktail
A Nightmare on Elm Street, directed by Wes Craven, is another great cult classic. The first film of the franchise was released in 1984 and is considered to be one of the greatest horror movies ever created. A Nightmare on Elm Street gives us horror tropes and feathered hair. It’s the kind of horror nightmares are made of, Freddy’s Nightmare.
1. Add ice to cocktail shaker. Add 1 ounce vodka and 1 ounce strawberry syrup. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Pour ingredients into shot glass, you will have to adjust the ingredients by half or more. I decided to use more of each ingredient and added them into a tasting glass. Layer 1 ounce of melon liqueur on top of ingredients in tasting glass. Pour 1 ounce 151 rum over spoon to have as top layer.
3. Light it on fire! Please blow out the fire before drinking. Please drink responsibly. Please sleep well. Watch Nightmare on Elm Street on www.tv.apple.com or click here.
Sleepaway Camp S’mores Cocktail
Sleepaway Camp is a 1983 slasher film focusing on a serial killer at summer camp. It’s summer. It’s camp. The movie is so campy in more ways than one. But it’s s a movie you can’t stop watching until the very end! The ending is said to be one of the most terrifying images to this day. You’ll be okay. Just have a Sleepaway Camp S’more while watching the movie.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 1 ounce whipped cream vodka, 1 ounce white chocolate liqueur and 4 ounce heavy whipping cream. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Coat inside of chilled Martini glass with chocolate. Strain shaker ingredients into Martin glass. Garnish with marshmallows, crumbled graham crackers or whatever else you add to your s’mores.
3. Please drink responsibly. At the time of this post you can watch Sleepaway Camp on www.amazon.com. And never judge a book by its cover!
Amazing Adventures – Horror Movie Themed Cocktails
Do you like scary movies? Thanks for joining me as we explored Amazing Adventures – Horror Movie Themed Cocktails. 80’s slasher movies are some of my favorite movies and these three are at the top of my list. The cocktails are also at the top of my list. I will admit to making the Werewolf Bite more times than I have watched the movie! Did you discover a new favorite horror movie themed cocktail? Did your favorite horror movie make my list? If not, please share in the comments. Movies or cocktails I love discovering new treasures.
Looking for more movie horror? Check out my last blog post Amazing Adventures – Crypticon or click here. Discover Seattle’s SciFi and Fantasy’s darker side. Celebrity guests: Felissa Rose, David Naughton and Tim Peirson name only a few of the talent and creativeness to be found at Crypticon.