Hello and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide sharing Best Food and Best Drinks – Rhode Island. Rhode Island shares so many amazing food and drink combinations it was hard to limit my list. Decided to share my choices for the top of the top. Let’s roll.
B Stands for Best Food – Rhode Island
Foodie stop Number One for Rhode Island is Julians located at 318 Broadway in Providence, Rhode Island. They offer changing daily specials. To see what’s cooking and COVID-19 updates visit their website at www.juliansprovidence.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Julians.
1. Scrambled Egg Pizza with plum tomatoes, mild cheddar and choice of avocado, applewood smoked bacon, or smoked salmon or naan.
2. Egg Scramble with Roma tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzarella and fresh basil. Served with home fries and your choice of toast.
3. Chicken and Waffles with some chicken and some waffles. The name says it all!
Rhode Island Foodie stop Number Two is The Cooked Goose located at 92 Watch Hill Rd in Westerly, Rhode Island. For more menu selections, COVID restrictions and hours of operation visit their website at www.thecookedgoose.com or click here. Photos courtesy of The Cooked Goose.
1. Peach French Bread French Toast. Peach French bread dipped in egg batter and topped with peaches and cream.
2. Lobster Benedict. Poached eggs with lobster, lemon & tarragon on Italian toast. Topped with homemade hollandaise and served with home fries
3. Chocolate Croissant French Toast. Topped with Reese’s peanut butter cups, peanut butter sauce and cream.
B Stands for Best Drinks – Rhode Island
This Rhode Island Red is not the state bird for Rhode Island. The Rhode Island Red cocktail is similar to the state bird. The state bird was created by cross breeding birds of Oriental and Italian origin. The cocktail is created by combining ingredients of Mexican and French origin.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 3 ounces tequila, 1 ounce chambord, 1 ounce lemon juice, 1 ounce agave nectar and 2 dashes of orange bitters. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into Collins glass filled with ice. Top off with ginger beer. Salud! Sante!
3. Looking for some history, fresh farm to table food and an amazing cocktail? Visit the White Horse Tavern located in Newport, Rhode Island. The tavern opened its doors in 1673 and is designated a National Historic Landmark and the oldest restaurant in the United States. To learn more visit www.whitehorsenewport.com or click here.
The New England Sour is so much more than its namesake. This cocktail is sour and sweet and bitter all rolled into one. And it works!
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 3 ounces vodka, 1 ounce maple syrup, 5 ounces grapefruit juice and 3 dashes of bitters. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into Collins glass filled with ice. Cheers to this sour, sweet and bitter amazingness in a glass!
3. Looking for great burgers, seafood and seasonal cocktails? Visit The Square Peg located in Warren, Rhode Island. To see their food and cocktail menu visit www.squarepegwarren.com or click here. Tell Joel and Amy Wonder Lesch sent ya!
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Rhode Island
Thanks for joining me as we discovered Best Food and Best Drinks – Rhode Island style. Rhode Island is full of undiscovered treasures. The French Bread French Toast from The Cooked Goose is one of my new favorite things. And I see many New England Sour cocktails in my future. The combination of flavors are so tasty you can’t have just one, but please drink responsibility. Did your favorite Rhode Island restaurant, bar or cocktail recipe make my list? If not please share yours in the comments.
Looking for more best food and best drinks? Read my Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks New Jersey or click here. Here discover salmon omelets, stuffed French toast, The New Jersey Devil cocktail recipe plus more.
Until Nest Time,
C Stands for Can’t Miss Events - Rhode Island - Wonder Lesch Blog
[…] all of these Can’t Miss Events – Rhode Island? Look no further than my blog post: B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Rhode Island or click here. Julians in Providence serves Brunch all day and their pancakes are so much delicious! Also discover […]