Hello and welcome to this week’s Travel Destination Guide for Can’t Miss Events – Rhode Island. Rhode Island has a large creative community. Comic Cons, Film Festivals, Horror Cons and Music Festivals name only a few of the amazing talent and creativity Rhode Island style. Let’s explore.
Rhode Island Comic Con – Rhode Island
1. Rhode Island Comic Con’s mission is to be the biggest show in the smallest state. Artists, comics, celebrity guests and cosplay are a few the the can’t miss at Rhode Island Comic Con. Photos courtesy of Rhode Island Comic Con and J. McDonald Media.
2. RICC’s next event is scheduled to take place November 5 – 7, 2021. Adult 3 day VIP tickets are $189.99. Adult weekend tickets is $95. Adult Saturday tickets are $50.
3. For event updates, yes COVID is still making a mess of events, visit their website at www.ricomiccon.com or click here. Fingers crossed November dates are still a go.
Rhode Island International Film Festival – Rhode Island
1. Flicker’s Rhode Island International Film Festival is the only Academy Award qualifying film festival in the New England area. The Festival showcases artists both foreign and domestic and is ranked as one of the top 10Festivals in the United States. Photos courtesy of Rhode Island International Film Festival.
2. Rhode Island International Film Festival’s next event is scheduled to take place August 9 – 15, 2021. Tickets for their opening night screening are $15. Tickets for their Red Carpet Pass are $125.
3. To learn more about the Festival or apply for entry visit their website at www.film-festival.org or click here. The countdown has started.
Terror Con – Rhode Island
1. Terror Con is exactly what it sounds like. Their website states they are a can’t miss event full of horror, paranormal, rock and wrestling. I am a fan of things that go bump in the night. Are you?
2. Ready to get your scare on? Terror Con’s next event was scheduled to take place May 5 – 7, 2021. It has been canceled secondary to that name we don’t say. Terror Con has joined with Rhode Island Comic Con to take place November 5 – 7, 2021. 3 day VIP tickets are $189.99. Adult weekend tickets are $95. Adult Saturday tickets are $50.
3. For updated information, schedules and any more cancellations visit www.theterrorcon.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Terror Con, Peace Sign Photography and J. McDonald Media.
Newport Jazz Festival – Rhode Island
1. The Newport Jazz Festival got its start in 1954. That’s a whole lot of Can’t Miss Music. Their website claims they are the Granddaddy of American music festivals, and I believe them. Photos courtesy of Newport Jazz Festival.
2. Newport Jazz Festival’s next event is scheduled to take place July 30 – August 1, 2021. As of the publishing of this post the Festival is still scheduled to take place. Friday tickets are $79. Saturday tickets are $89. Sunday tickets are $89.
3. To see the Festival’s line up and daily schedule visit www.newportjazz.org or click here. I am so excited live music is starting up again!
C Stands for Can’t Miss Events – Rhode Island
Thank you for traveling with me and discovering so many amazing Can’t Miss Events – Rhode Island. This very small state has a very large creative community. Discovering the Rhode Island International Film Festival, the longest running Festival in the United States, was a true treasure. Followed by discovering Newport Jazz Festival. The longest running music festival, another new treasure. Rhode Island shares American history as well as creative history. Did your favorite Can’t Miss Event for Rhode Island make my list? If not please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasure.
Looking for something to eat and drink after discovering all of these Can’t Miss Events – Rhode Island? Look no further than my blog post: B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Rhode Island or click here. Julians in Providence serves Brunch all day and their pancakes are so much delicious! Also discover that the Rhode Island Red is more than a bird. It’s also a cocktail! An amazing blend of flavors cocktail.
Until Next Time,