Hello Foodie Lovers and Cocktail Lovers. My next Travel Destination Guide shares Best Food and Best Drinks – Oklahoma.
Best Food – Oregon
First Oklahoma Foodie stop is The Bramble Breakfast and Bar located at 121 N Ash Ave in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. To see more menu selections visit their website at www.bramblebreakfastandbar.com or click here. Photos courtesy of The Bramble Breakfast & Bar.
1. Breakfast Tacos. Choice of chorizo or mojo pork, scrambled egg, cortina, cilantro, onion, corn tortilla and salsa verde. Served with hash brown latke or breakfast potatoes.
2. Breakfast Poutine. Fried chicken, house cut fries, three cheese fondu, sausage gravy and one sunny side up egg.
3. Blueberry & lemon curd pancakes with powdered sugar.
Second Oklahoma Foodie stop is Cafe Kacao located at 3325 N Classen Blvd in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. You might think it is impossible to have authentic Latin American food in Oklahoma but, think again. Discover their amazing menu selections on their website at www.cafekacao.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Cafe Kacao.
1. Cuban French Toast. Brioche bread, house caramel, powdered sugar and topped with bacon.
2. Huevos Rancheros. Black beans, corn tortilla, sunny side up eggs, ranchero sauce, feta, quest Fresca, sour cream, pick de gallo and guacamole.
3. Desayuno Chapin. Two eggs your choice, retried black beans, feta, fried plantains, sour cream and two flour tortillas.
Best Drinks – Oregon
The Oklahoma cocktail may have a simple name but it has amazing taste. The cocktail ingredients create a very cool and refreshing cocktail. The scoop of ice cream as its final ingredient is the icing on the cake, or should I say ice cream on the cocktail.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces vodka, 2 ounces Kahula, 2 ounces cola and 2 ounces heavy whipping cream.
2. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted. Strain ingredients into tall cocktail glass with ice. Top off with scoop of vanilla ice cream. Hello creamy deliciousness!
3. Looking for some history with your adult beverage? Visit Eischen’s Bar located in Okarche, Oklahoma. Eischen’s Bar opened its doors in 1896 and its been serving ever since. No cocktails but, lots of beer and its famous fried chicken and fired okra. Still a win , win in my book. To see their incredible menu visit their website at www.eischensbar.com or click here.
The Oklahoma Cooler is just that. Cool, refreshing and satisfying. The combination of sweet and tart tastes are a perfect match.
1. Fill tall cocktail glass with ice. Add 2 ounces vodka, 2 ounces melon liqueur, and 2 ounces cranberry juice.
2. Stir well. Add 2 ounces of lemon lime soda. Stir not so well. Strong, sweet and tart all rolled into one. Cheers!
3. Wanting to hear some live music with your cocktail, visit Michael Murphy’s Dueling Piano Bar. Murphy’s is located on E California Ave in Bricktown. The piano bar’s schedule and hours of operation can be found on their website at www.murphyspianobar.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Oklahoma
Thanks for joining me as we ate and drank our way through the Best Food and Best Drinks – Oklahoma. So many delicious discoveries were found while exploring Oklahoma. New top my list favorites are the Desayuno Chapin and the Oklahoma cocktail. Did your favorite Oklahoma must eat and must drink make my list? Share your favorites in the the comments. I love discovering new favorites.
Looking to discover more delicious food and drinks? Travel with me to Best Food and Best Drinks – New Mexico or click here. Discover more huevos rancheros and a Chimayo cocktail done with a dash of New Mexico style.
Until Next Time,