Discovering so many new and delicious tastes in New Mexico! B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – New Mexico did not disappoint! Travel with me and discover some amazing meals and cocktails with a New Mexico theme. You’ll be glad you did!
First Foodie Stop for Best Food New Mexico is Old Mesilla Pastry Cafe – AKA The Shed located at 810 S Valley Dr in Las Cruces, New Mexico. For more menu selections visit their website at www.ompctheshed.com or click here. Photos courtesy of The Shed.
1. Green and Red Eggs Benedict. Two poached eggs on your choice of ham, bacon, pork or turkey sausage, brisket, mushrooms, or artichoke hearts, on grilled English muffin halves, smothered in your choice of red or green Chile hollandaise, Mexican hollandaise or regular hollandaise and served with potatoes.
2. Huevos Rancheros. Prepared with two eggs cooked to order and red or green Chile served over corn tortilla, topped with cheese. Served with your choice of home potatoes or pinto beans and toast or tortilla.
3. French Toast. Your choice of oatmeal, cinnamon- raisin, white, multi grain, or cranberry-pecan bread, dipped in egg batter and grilled to perfection. Served with a fruit garnish.
New Mexico Foodie stop number 2 is Cowboy Cafe located at 1120 E 2nd St in Roswell, New Mexico. For more amazing menu items visit their website at www.thecowboy.cafe or click here. Photos courtesy of The Cowboy Cafe.
1. Cowgirl Hen House Steak and Eggs. Chicken fried steak, served with hash brown or grits, biscuit or toast and gravy. It’s the smaller version of the Cowboy Hen House Steak and Eggs.
2. Breakfast Burrito. Flour tortilla filled with eggs, potatoes, cheese and bacon, sausage or ham.
3. The Wrangler. 12 ounce T-Bone steak and eggs cooked to order. Served with hash browns or grits, biscuit or toast.
Hello tequila! We are talking about New Mexico. Of course my favorite new favorite Best Drinks from New Mexico include tequila. The Santa Fe Cocktail is simple on ingredients but strong on taste. The Chimayo Cocktail is the official drink of New Mexico and after trying this at home I could taste why!
1. Fill highball glass with ice. Add 1 ounce tequila, 4-6 ounces 7up, 1 ounce triple sec, and 1 ounce lime juice.
2. After stirring well, taste. Add more 7up as needed per taste. Enjoy.
3. Mine Shaft Tavern offers a bit of history, a museum to tour, great food to eat and amazing live music. The Tavern is located at 2846 Hwy 14 in Madrid, New Mexico. For more information visit their website at www.themineshafttavern.com or click here.
- For this amazing cocktail fill Old Fashioned glass with ice, add 3 ounces tequila, 2 ounces apple cider, 1 ounce lemon juice, and 1/2 ounce creme de cassis.
2. Stir well. Enjoy.
3. Looking for a great cowboy bar and lots of ghost stories? Look no further than the No Scum Allowed Saloon located in the ghost town of White Oaks, New Mexico. For more information visit their website at www.noscumsaloon.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – New Mexico
Thank you for joining me to eat and drink our way through New Mexico. Did you find a new favorite like I did?! Did your favorite Best Food and Best Drinks – New Mexico not make the list? Share what your favorite is!
I am sipping a Santa Fe Cocktail and craving The Shed’s amazing eggs benedict as I finish up this post. New Mexico has so much deliciousness. I can’t wait to visit again. Maybe I’ll plan for the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. Read my blog post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – New Mexico or click here to discover all of the places you can go and see during your next vacation or getaway to New Mexico.
Until Next Time,