This week’s A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s shares a few of my favorite Best Food and Best Drinks in Minnesota. Here you will find best brunch locations, best bars and best cocktail recipes.
B STANDS FOR BEST FOOD AND BEST DRINKS
First stop on my Minnesota foodie crawl is Colossal Cafe located at 1340 Grand Ave in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
1. Spinach, Mushroom and Provolone Omelet – three eggs served with homemade toasted bread.
2. Flappers are Colossal Cafe’s house specialty! Yeast based pancakes served with butter, Three Rivers Farm pure maple syrup topped with fresh fruit and powdered sugar.
3. Frittatas – This Greek Frittata has grilled marinated artichoke, spinach, green onion, feta cheese and tomato.
For more menu options visit their website at www.colossalcafe.com or click here.
Next Foodie crawl stop is Thirty-Six Cafe is located at 949 Grand Ave in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
1. The Early Riser – Avocado on toast, topped with bacon, eggs, and Everything But the Bagel seasoning with a side salad.
2. The Classic – Fluffy souffle pancakes topped with strawberries, whipped cream, condensed milk and powdered sugar.
3. Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast – Avocado on toast, topped with smoked salmon, spicy mayo, and a side salad.
For more menu options visit their Facebook page.
1. Pour into cocktail shaker filled with ice – 2 ounces cherry brandy, 2 ounces peach schnapps, 2 ounces apple vodka, and 2 ounces sweet & sour mix. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice melted.
2. Strain ingredients into Collins glass with ice. Top with 7 up. Sip, Sip, Hooray!
3. Looking for some history and a great bartender to make your Minnesota Slammer cocktail for you? Visit Neumann’s Bar located at 2531 7th Ave East in North Saint Paul. Established in 1887 and serving only Hamm’s beer, its come a long way and deserves to be visited. For more information and a calendar of events visit their website at www.neumannsbar.com or click here.
1. Pour into cocktail shaker full of ice – 1 ounce Southern Comfort, 1 ounce Blue Curaçao, 1 ounce Blueberry Liqueur, 1 ounce Sloe Gin, 1/2 ounce lime juice, and 1/2 ounce sour mix. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain into Collins glass with ice. Top with 7 up. Reminds me of a One Eyed, One Horned, Flying Purple People Eater!
3. The Spot Bar began in 1885 and holds the title of the longest continuously open bar. Located at 859 Randolph Ave, Saint Paul, Minnesota. Visit their Facebook page for more information including an event calendar.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Minnesota
I hope you enjoyed eating and drinking your way through Minnesota with me. Minnesota Best food and Best drinks, yes please! I LOVED the Omelets, Frittatas and so much Avocado Toast! The icing on the cake was creating and sharing these amazing cocktails. I have added both recipes to my home bartender list of drinks to make again. Are you adding any of these ingredients to your shopping list? Let me know what you think?
Interested in more Cocktail Recipes? Click here to read my other blog post, B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Michigan.
Until Next Time,