This week’s A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s – B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks Michigan. Here I share a few of my favorite Michigan delights.
B STANDS FOR BEST FOOD
First stop on my Michigan Foodie Adventure is Rochester Brunch House located at 301 Walnut Blvd in Rochester, Michigan.
1. Fruit Mascarpone Stuffed French Toast – Your choice of banana, strawberry, blueberry, peach, or apple. The photo is of their Strawberry Stuffed FrenchToast Amazingness.
2. Huevos Rancheros- pork chorizo, black beans, corn, sunny side up eggs, sour cream, corn tortilla, pick, queso fresco and corn salsa. Taste bud delight.
3. Cookie Dough French Toast – Challah bread, fresh cream, egg-less cookie dough, and chocolate drizzle and more cookie dough on top. They had me at Cookie Dough!
For more information and updates visit their website at www.rochesterbrunchhouse.com or click here.
Next Best Food for Foodies stop is Flap Jack Shack located at 3980 North US 31 in Traverse City, Michigan.
1. NY Cheesecake Flap Jacks – Buttermilk flap jack batter and vanilla cream cheese cooked to a golden brown. Topped with whipped cream and strawberries. So drool worthy!
2. Corned Beef Hash – Slow roasted corned beef, onions and hash browns with two eggs. Served with your choice of toast or a side stack of buttermilk flap jacks.
3. Santa Fe Skillet – Mesquite grilled chicken, sweet green bell peppers, diced onions, black beans, spuds, melted Colby cheese and two basted eggs. Served with your choice of toast or a side stack of buttermilk flap jacks.
For more information and updates visit their website at www.flapjackshack.com or click here.
B STANDS FOR BEST DRINKS
What else would you be drinking when visiting the Motor City and home of the University of Michigan? Cheers to The Golden Cadillac and to the Wolverinetini!
1. Add into a cocktail shaker filled with ice 1 ounce cream, 1 ounce white chocolate liqueur and 1 ounce Galliano liqueur. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain into cocktail glass filled with ice. Drink and repeat responsibly. Hard to drink just one.
3. Looking to add some Art Deco furnishings, soul food and live jazz music to this decadent cocktail? Visit Baker’s Keyboard Lounge located at 20510 Livernois in Detroit, Michigan. For more information and updates visit their website at www.theofficialbakerskeyboardlounge.com or click here.
1. Add into a cocktail shaker filled with ice 3 ounces Blue Curaçao, 2 ounces pineapple juice and 1 ounce Whipped Cream Vodka. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into chilled Martini glass. If you listen to the cocktail closely you can hear University of Michigan’s fight song, The Victors!
3. Now that you can’t get that song out of your head, lets change it up a bit and visit an amazing distillery in Detroit. I love urban distilleries and wineries and Two Jame Spirits located in Corktown, Detroit tops my list to visit. Highly recommend. 🥃🥃🥃. For more information and updates visit their website at www.twojames.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks
I hope you enjoyed eating and drinking your way through Michigan with me. Sharing the Best Food and Best Drinks and also history, art and music. Did your favorite Brunch location in Michigan make my list? Are you now adding Galliano liqueur, White Chocolate Liqueur, Blue Curaçao and Whipped Cream Vodka to your shopping list?!
Looking for more Best Drinks cocktail recipes? Visit my other B Stands for Best Drinks Massachusetts blog post. Click here.
Super Saturday’s Blog Post will share Can’t Miss Conventions in Michigan. Geek Life 🥰
Until Next Time,