Hello and welcome to Best Food and Best Drinks – Washington. Here discover AM Fried Rice, Napoleon Waffles, Washington Apple cocktail and so much more. Let’s explore Best Food and Best Drinks – Washington Style!
Best Food – Washington
Yards Bruncheon offer Brunch every day of the week! The food they serve is from local farms and the freshest each season to enjoy. Yards Bruncheon is located at 1248 W Summit Parkway in Spokane, Washington. For more menu selections visit www.theyardsbruncheon.com or click here. All photos courtesy of Yards Bruncheon
1. Huevos Rancheros: Grilled chorizo, stewed black beans and tomatoes on fried tortillas with choice of eggs, topped with chile sauce, cilantro and cotija.
2. AM Fried Rice Skillet: Mushroom, ham, onion, celery, green onion fried with soy sauce and kimchi, topped with pastrami and your choice of eggs.
3. Breakfast Tacos: 3 grilled flour tortillas topped with scrambled eggs, chorizo sausage, cotija, red onion, peppers, salsa Roma, sour cream and pickled chilies.
The Pacific Northwest means fresh seafood and the Rusty Pelican does brings its A game for Brunch. The Rusty Pelican is located at 107 5th Ave N in Edmonds, Washington. To see their freshest catch visit their website at www.rustypelicancafe.com or click here. Photos are courtesy of Rusty Pelican.
1. Dungeness Crab Scramble: Dungeness crab meat, onions, tomatoes, artichokes and topped with hollandaise sauce. Served with fruit.
2. Napoleon Waffle: Fresh waffles topped with Nutella chocolate, bananas, strawberries, pecans, powdered sugar and whipped cream. Served with two sausage links.
3. Salmon Benedict: Two poached eggs, on a toasted English muffin, with sausage patties and hollandaise sauce. Served with fruit.
Best Drinks – Washington
There is definitely something in the air. Football season might not be upon us yet, but this amazing Seahawks Breeze can be enjoyed all year long.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 1 ounce limoncello, 2 ounces vodka and 1 ounce blue curaçao. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain shaker ingredients into Collins glass filled with ice. Top off with club soda. Garnish with lemon slice as desired. Please drink responsibly.
3. Looking for some history to go with your Breeze? Stop by The Brick Saloon located in Roslyn, Washington. The Brick Saloon is the oldest continuously open bar in the state of Washington. For hours, menus, event calendars and more visit www.bricksaloon.com or click here.
Washington State, on average, grows over 2 million tons of apples each year. Now that is a lot of apples. That might be one of the reasons the Washington Apple cocktail is so popular. Cheers to apples!
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces apple vodka, 2 ounces Canadian whiskey and 2 ounces cranberry-cherry juice. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain shaker ingredients into cocktail glass filled with ice. Garnish with lime slice as desired. Please drink responsibly.
3. Looking for some live music to go with your Breeze? Stop by Baby Bar located in Spokane, Washington. This self proclaimed hole in the wall, has craft cocktails, live music, bar food and so much more. Check out there Facebook page to learn more.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Washington
Thank you for joining me as we discovered Best Food and Best Drinks – Washington. So many new treasures in my home state. New favorites include Salmon Benedict from Rusty Pelican and the Seahawks Breeze cocktail made at home. Did your Washington brunch location or themed cocktail make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Looking for more Pacific Northwest Brunch and Cocktail recipes? Check out my blog post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Oregon or click here. Discover McKay Cottage Potatoes from McKay Cottage Restaurant and the Oregon Special cocktail. Best Food and Best Drinks – Oregon style.
Until Next Time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch