Welcome to my destination guide for Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch locations and Conventions or Events that can not be missed during your next vacation or day trip to Delaware. Come travel with me.
A is for Amazing Drinks that are summertime staples at some of Delaware’s best beach spots.
Orange Crush –
- Fill pint glass with ice cubes. Pour 2 ounces orange flavored vodka, 1 ounce triple sec and 2 ounces orange juice over ice.
- Top with lemon-lime soda.
- Mix well. Garnish with orange wedge.
Dewey Devil –
- Pour 1 ounce 151 – Rum, 1 ounce light rum, 1 ounce dark rum, 1 ounce Malibu rum, 1 ounce Chambord, 1 ounce orange juice, 1 ounce strawberry daiquiri mix, 1 dash light cream; mix all ingredients except the 151 rum and light cream, with ice.
- Add a dash of 151 rum.
- Top with whipped cream, unless you eat that first!
B is for Best Brunch locations. Delaware has quite a selection for places to go to get your brunch on.
Drip Cafe –
- Located at 60 N College Avenue Suite 101 in Newark, Delaware.
- Carmel Apple Pancakes, Citrus Waffles and Sourdough French Toast are a favorite for someone with a sweet tooth!.
- Brunch served All Day. Enjoy!
Trolley Square Oyster House –
- Pajama Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays 11:00 am to 3:00 pm can be found at 1707 Delaware Avenue in Wilmington, Delaware.
- Thrive Brunch boasts Wilmington’s largest Bloody Mary Bar featuring house infused Pickle Vodka, Old Bay Vodka, Cucumber Vodka and Jalapeño Tequila.
- Highly recommend strawberries and cream french toast or Chorizo nachos to go with your Bloody Mary.
C is for Conventions and Events not to be missed. Although Delaware has a limited selection regarding the events that take place within the state, the ones that are held there are amazingness.
Galactic-Con Convention –
- Cancelled for 2020 but has already begun planning and building for next year.
- Next Event will be May 28 – 30, 2021. 3 day Weekend Pass cost $35. Single Day Saturday Pass cost $25.
- Visit their website at http://www.galactic-con.com to learn more information and updates.
Dover Comic Con –
- Cancelled for 2020.
- Next Event will be August 14, 2021and is a free, all ages outdoor/indoor pop-culture festival in downtown Dover, Delaware.
- Visit their website at https://www.delmarvaevents.net to learn more information and updates.
Thank you for reading the A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s of Delaware. I hope that sharing a bit of what Delaware has to offer in Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch location and Conventions and Events not to be missed has inspired you to start planning your adventure. Below are sources to help you plan the best vacation or day trip to Delaware.
Until next time – Cheers!