Hello and welcome to Can’t Miss Events – West Virginia. This week’s travel destination guide will be exploring Mothman Festival. Mountaineer Comic Con. Appalachian String Band Music Festival. West Virginia FILMmakers Festival. Let’s discover new treasures West Virginia style.
Mothman Festival – West Virginia
1. The Mothman Festival is an annual event that celebrates the creation of the red eyed winged legend. A legend that began in 1966 and continues to live on in Point Pleasant.
2. Mark your calendars for September 18 – 19, 2021. Attending the event is FREE for all! Main Street is where you’ll hear the history. Support local shops and vendors. Listen to live music. Be a part of the mystery.
3. To learn more about the event, its guest speakers, performers, vendors, visit their website at www.mothmanfestival.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Mothman Festival.
Mountaineer Comic Con – West Virginia
1. Mountaineer Comic Con’s website states they are one of the largest conventions in West Virginia. This Can’t Miss Event brings celebrity guests, cosplay, panels, workshops and so much more. Have you made your plans to get to Morgantown, West Virginia yet?
2. Their next event is scheduled to take place September 24 – 26, 2021. Adult Saturday tickets are $30. Adult Weekend tickets are $55. Adult VIP tickets are $100.
3. Visit their website to learn general information, celebrity guests (Manu Bennett swoon right here), photo ops and more at www.mountaineercomiccon.com or click here. All photos from Mountaineer Comic Con.
Appalachian String Band Music Festival – West Virginia
1. The Appalachian String Band Music Festival is an annual music event that began in 1990. The festival is filled with thousands of string band musicians, vendors, camping and so much more.
2. Scheduled to take place August 4 – 8, 2021 in New River Gorge, West Virginia. Festival Prices Wednesday – Sunday $50 for Adult/Seniors/Youth. Adult Camping is $20 per person per night + Festival ticket $50.
3. Information about camping, music line ups and more can be found at www.wvculture.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Appalachian String Band Music Festival.
WV FILMmakers Festival – West Virginia
1. West Virginia FILMmakers Festival was started in 2001. It is held annually in Sutton, West Virginia. The Festival showcases films and filmmakers from the mountain state. Awards are given, films are screened, live music is payed and filmmakers talk and share filmmaking.
2. The WVFF 2020 event was virtual only and took place October 3, 2020. The website states their 2021 event will be a hybrid: part virtual and part in person. No event dates or ticket prices listed at this time.
3. Check their website for updates, screening schedules and more at www.wvfilmmakersfestival.com or click here. All photos from West Virginia Filmmakers Festival.
C Stands for Can’t Miss Events – West Virginia
Thank you for exploring with me and discovering Can’t Miss Events – West Virginia. My new favorite to add to my list is the Mothman Festival. The man, the myth, the legend! I love learning and things that make you go hmmmm. The festival is an amazing small town event with amazing people, food, music and more. Did your favorite Can’t Miss Event – West Virginia make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Looking for more East Coast events to attend? Check out my blog post C Stands for Can’t Miss Events – Virginia or click here. Discover RavenCon, a convention held in Richmond, Virginia and named after its one time resident Edgar Allen Poe. Maybe you would like to attend The Virginia Film Festival. Hosted by The University of Virginia and filled with new treasures to discover. Have fun exploring Virginia.
Until Next Time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch