Hello and welcome to my Travel Destination Guide Best Food and Best Drinks – South Dakota. Here I will be sharing South Dakota’s Best Brunch locations, Best Bars and Best Cocktail recipes South Dakota Style. Let’s travel.
Best Food – South Dakota
All Day Cafe is located at 2101 W 41st Street in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Their website states the Cafe is casual cafe and bar with a patio featuring all-day breakfast, plus coffee, lunch, dinner and cocktails. Their menu selection and hours can be found on www.alldaycafe.net or click here. Photos courtesy of All Day Cafe.
1. Corned Beef Hash: hash browns, onions, green peppers, house corned beef and farm eggs. Topped with hollandaise. Served with Morning Bread.
2. OMG French Toast: Brûlée batter, thick cut challah bread, citrus rum caramel. Topped with vanilla bean whipped cream and fresh berries.
3. Oysters N’ Grits: Salt ‘n pepper fried oysters, creamed spinach & artichokes. Topped with hollandaise, sunny side up egg, speckled relish and bacon. Served with Morning Bread.
Tally’s Silver Spoon is located at 530 6th Street in Rapid City, South Dakota. Tally’s Silver Spoon is a family owned business that serves local, fresh, exciting and creative dishes. The Spoon serves up Live Music every Friday and Saturday evening from 7 – 9pm. Menu selections and event calendars can be found at www.tallysilverspoon.com of click here. Photos courtesy of Tally’s Silver Spoon.
1. Breakfast Burrito: Onions, peppers, tomatoes, chorizo sausage, hash browns and scrambled eggs. Topped with cheddar cheese and green chili.
2. Bury It Waffles: Waffles covered in seasonal berries, granola and butter cream.
3. Chicken Fried Steak: chicken fried steak topped with country gravy. Served with two eggs any style and choice of toast.
Best Drinks – South Dakota
The President is a cocktail that best represents South Dakota’s Mount Rushmore. Strong, sweet, cool and sour all rolled into one. Which US President do you think is sour?!
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces Cruzan Aged Light Rum, 2 ounces Cruzan Aged Dark Rum, 1 ounce orange juice, 1 ounce lemon juice and 1 ounce Grenadine.
2. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted. Strain into cocktail glass filled with ice. Garnish with orang slice.
3. The Buffalo Bodega Gaming Complex website states it is a full service casino with gaming, dining, beverages and live entertainment. The Complex has combined old and new since opening its doors in 1877. Live music. Gun fights. Parades. It has it all. Hours and event calendars can be found at www.buffalobodega.com or click here.
Pass the Courvoisier. Pierre is more than just the Capital of South Dakota. The Pierre Collins is an amazing drink with only four ingredients. Cheers to simple. Cheers to tasty.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 4 ounces Courvoisier, 2 ounces lemon juice and 1 ounce simple syrup. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Cover and strain ingredients into Collins glass filled with ice. Top off with Soda Water to taste. Garnish with lemon wedge.
3. Looking for some history with your cocktails? Or maybe just some whiskey? Plan on visiting Saloon # 10 located in Deadwood, South Dakota. This Saloon is known for its steak and pasta and for its Whiskey Bar. They had me at Whiskey. Daily specials and hours can be found at www.saloon10.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – South Dakota
Thanks you for joining me as we ate and drank our way through the Best Food and Best Drinks – South Carolina. My tummy is so happy we discovered Oysters ‘N Grits! I am adding that amazing Foodie Find to my new favorites list.
Looking for more Best Food and Best Drinks Carolina Style? Check out my Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – North Carolina or click here. Here discover Hooligan Omelets from The Shack on Broadway a whiskey lovers cocktail, the North Dakota Special. You can thank me later!
Until Next Time,