This week’s foodie and cocktail destination guide shares Best Food and Best Drinks – North Dakota. Here discover The Shack on Broadway – where Hooligans are very popular and delicious. Also learn about the Smith & Currans cocktail. The cocktail’s name became Smith & Kearns because the bar was too loud to hear the true name of the customers it was named after. Come eat and drink with me the North Dakota way!
B Stands for Best Food – North Dakota
First North Dakota Foodie Stop is The Shack on Broadway. The Shack is located at 3215 Broadway North in Fargo, North Dakota. Amazing food and large servings make this a new favorite of mine. For more men selections visit their website at www.shackonbroadway.com or click here. Photos courtesy of The Shack on Broadway.
1. Hooligan Omelet is filled with cheese, topped with their famous homemade chili, onions and more cheese. You can add jalapeños if you like for an extra kick. All omelets are served with fresh hash browns and your choice of toast or pancakes.
2. Country Fried Steak and Eggs. Topped with their own homemade country gravy and served with golden hash browns and toast or pancakes. The steak was so big it was placed on its own plate. Come hungry!
3. Veggie Omelet. Stuffed with fresh onions, green peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms and cheese. Served with fresh hash browns and your choice of toast or pancakes.
Best Food – North Dakota
Second North Dakota Foodie Stop is Darcy’s Cafe. Darcy’s Cafe is located at 1015 North Washington in Grand Forks, North Dakota. Their menu selection is full of delicious, hearty meals. To learn more visit www.darcyscafend.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Darcy’s Cafe.
1. Number 7. Scrambled eggs, choice of meat (showing German Sausage), and choice of melted cheese (showing cheddar cheese), on a toasted English muffin or croissant. Served with your choice of hash browns or American fries.
2. Chocolate chip pancakes with icing. They put icing on the cake!
3. Dave’s Special. Hash Browns or American fries topped with sausage, bacon, ham, onions, green peppers and cheddar cheese with two eggs any style, served with toast or pancakes.
B Stands for Best Drinks – North Dakota
Wanting to try a cocktail that warms you from head to toe or a cocktail that will put a smile on your face? North Carolina best drinks have both. The North Dakota Special is strong but tasty. The Smith & Kearns cocktail is smooth, creamy and will bring a smile to your face. Your tummy will thank you!
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces Canadian whiskey, 2 ounces Rye whiskey, 2 ounces Southern Comfort and 2 ounces Bourbon whiskey. Stir well.
2. Strain ingredients into cocktail glass filled with ice. Top off with Cola. Add Cola amount to your taste preference.
3. Looking for some history with your cocktail? The Peacock Alley is located in Bismarck, North Dakota. The bar was established in 1933 within the Patterson Hotel. Although the hotel is no longer in business The Peacock Alley is still going strong. To view their menu selections, including amazing food, visit www.peacock-alley.com or click here.
Best Drinks – North Dakota
If you know me, you know I love history served with my cocktails. The next cocktail I will be sharing is called the Smith & Kearns. Did you know it was originally called the Smith and Currans after two regular customers at the bar The Blue Blaze. Or so the story goes. With most things, names and ingredients change with time. Below is the latest Smith & Kearns cocktail, and the one I enjoy the most.
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add 4 ounces coffee liqueur and 4 ounces heavy cream. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into cocktail glass filled with ice. Top off with Club Soda. Cheers to creamy deliciousness. And Cheers to Smith and Currans/Kearns!
3. The Blue Blaze is no longer open for business. The next best thing, great cocktails, great food and live music! Dempsey’s Pubic House is an Irish pub in the heart of downtown Fargo, North Dakota. For more information and their current event calendar visit www.dempseysfargo.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – North Dakota
Thank you for joining me and discovering Best Food and Best Drinks – North Dakota. Delicious brunch locations, yes Darcy’s Cafe I am talking about you! And finding delicious cocktail recipes, The North Dakota Special, are the best of North Dakota. Did your favorite North Dakota food and drink make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love learning, and eating and drinking!
Looking to discover more Midwest Best Food and Best Drink? Read my Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Minnesota or click here. Your tummy and taste buds will be happy you did!
Until Next Time,