Hello and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide: B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – South Carolina. Here find a Bloody May Cocktail that is really a meal, Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict and my new summertime favorite, Peninsula Tea. Let’s go eat and drink South Carolina Style.
Best Food – South Carolina
First South Carolina Foodie Stop is the Rustic Table. The Rustic Table is located at 10683 Ocean Hwy in Pawley’s Island, South Carolina. Fresh, amazing food and generous servings make this spot a must visit if you are ever visiting Pawley’s Island. To discover more menu selections, hours of operations and daily specials visit www.rustictable.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Rustic Table.
1. Corned Beef Hash – Two eggs any style, grits, beer braised shredded corned beef and potato hash.
2. Bloody Mary – Tito’s handmade vodka and house Bloody Mary mix. Garnished with pickled okra, olive, lemon wedge, lime wedge and daily special additions. It’s a cocktail. It’s a meal. It’s Both!
3. Waffles served with seasonal fruit, hot maple syrup and bacon. Add Chicken and tobacco syrup for an additional cost.
South Carolina Foodie Stop is Poogan’s Porch. Poogan’s Porch is located at 72 Queen Street in Charleston, South Carolina. Big appetites are in luck with their Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict. If you prefer the lighter side for brunch the egg white omelet is so much delicious on one plate. To view more menu selections visit their website at www.poogansporch.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Poogan’s Porch.
1. Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict – homemade pulled pork served over English muffins and topped with eggs and hollandaise sauce. Served with home fries or grits.
2. Huevos Rancheros – Crisp tortillas, black beans, sunny side up eggs and queso fresco.
3. Egg White Omelet – Egg whites served open faced, blistered tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, arugula and goat cheese. Served with a side of home fries or grits.
Best Drinks – South Carolina
Peninsula Tea is not your Grandmother’s Sweet Tea. It is cool refreshing and packs a bit of a kick. Liber & CO’s Fiery Ginger Syrup is a must have for any kitchen or home cocktail bar.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces Firefly Sweet Tea, 1 ounce Fiery Ginger Syrup and 1 ounce Lemon Juice. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into Collins glass filled with ice. Top off with Ginger Ale to taste. Garnish with lemon wedge.
3. Looking for some music to go with your cocktail? Visit the Art Bar located in Columbia, South Carolina. Their website states its a place to escape the ordinary. An underground club hosting live music and an ambience you have to see to believe. You can see their menu and event calendar visit www.artbars.com or click here.
The Charleston Cocktail has so many ingredients, but that equals so much delicious taste! I used Moonshine cherries as my cherry on top. This cocktail is on the sweet side but packs a big punch in flavor. Enjoy!
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 1 ounce Cherry Brandy, 1 ounce Dry Vermouth, 1 ounce Cherry Liqueur, 1 Ounce Cointreau, 1 ounce Bombay Gin and 1 ounce Sweet Vermouth. Cover shaker and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into cocktail glass filled with ice. Garnish with cherries.
3. Needing a dose of Vitamin Sea with your cocktail? Sipping a cocktail at Pool Bar Jim’s will cure what ails you. Located in Hilton Head, South Carolina behind the Sea Crest. The cocktails are strong and the beach views are beautiful. Visit their website at www.poolbarjims.com or click here to learn more.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – South Carolina
Thank you for joining me as we discovered Best Food and Best Drinks – South Carolina. Discovering that amazing Bloody Mary at Rustic Table has spoiled me for any other Bloody Mary in the future. With warmer weather right around the corner I see many, many Peninsula Teas being made and enjoyed. Did your favorite South Carolina Brunch spot make my list? If not please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasure!
Looking for more Best Food and Best Drinks? My Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – North Carolina will have you drooling in no time. Click the link to discover Cafe Monte Bakery & Bistro’s amazing Croque Madame. Early Girl Eatery’s Cheddar Omelet has cheddar cheese plus so many more delicious ingredients! Arrive hungry. Leave Happy.
Until Next Time,
C Stands for Can’t Miss Events - South Carolina - Wonder Lesch Blog
[…] after attending all of those Can’t Miss Events – South Carolina? Check out my blog post Best Food and Best Drinks – South Carolina or click here. I highly recommend visiting Rustic Table in Pawley’s Island and ordering their Bloody Mary. […]