This week’s destination guide shares Best Food and Best Drinks – North Carolina style. From slow roasted pulled pork to their state drink Cherry Bounce, North Carolina is a Foodie Lovers and Cocktails Lovers must visit place!
My first North Carolina Foodie Stop to share is Early Girl Eatery. There are two locations in Asheville, 8 Wall Street and 444 Haywood Road #101. I won’t tell you which one to visit but I will recommend what to order once you get there! To check out more menu options and plan your eating visit got to www.earlygirleatery.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Early Girl Eatery.
1. Pulled Pork Bowl. 12 – hour slow roasted pulled pork, organic hand cut home fries, scrambled cage free eggs, and cheddar cheese smothered in smoky bacon gravy.
2. Cheddar Omelet has three cage free eggs, black beans, and cheddar cheese topped with salsa and sour cream. Served with organic heirloom grits or organic hand cut home fries and toast. Your can add avocado as a topping option 💚
3. French Toast. Biscuit French Toast to be exact. Cinnamon battered, made from scratch buttermilk biscuits, topped with fresh house made whipped cream and seasonal fresh fruit. Served with Coombs Family Farms 100% Vermont organic syrup.
My second North Carolina Foodie Stop to share is Cafe Monte Bakery and Bistro located at 6700 Fairview Road #108 in Charlotte. For more amazing menu selections visit their website www.cafemonte.net or click here. Photos courtesy of Cafe Monte.
1. Fruit de Mer Omelet has smoked salmon, crab, lobster, scallions and tomatoes. Served with seasonal fresh fruit.
2. Quiche Lorraine with egg, bacon, ham and Swiss cheese. Served with side salad.
3. Croque Madame. Open faced fried egg sandwich. Served with petite house salad or pommes frites.
Best Drinks – North Carolina
Sweet Tarts were a childhood favorite of mine growing up. Did you /do you love Sweet Tarts?! Well, this new adult version of my childhood favorite is so tasty and delicious. Cheer to Carolina Sweet Tarts!
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces vodka, 1 ounce whiskey, 1 ounce triple sec and 2 ounces orange juice. Cover and shake until shaker gets frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain into highball glass filled with ice. Top off with 7up and a splash of cranberry juice. Cheers to Sweet and Tart!
3. The Crunkleton bar is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. It’s extensive list of cocktails is matched by their 500 liquors used to create amazingness in each glass. To find more menu options, happy hours and daily specials visit their website www.thecrunkleton.com or click here.
Let’s Bounce to our next Best Drinks feature. North Carolina’s Cherry Bounce cocktail has had many versions created and served throughout the years. The punch bowl version sounds amazing but too much for just one person, or is it?!
1. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces vodka, 2 ounce cherry liqueur, 2 ounces cranberry juice and 1 ounce lime juice. Cover and shake until shaker gets frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain into highball glass filled with ice. Cheers to North Carolina’s State Drink.
3. The Blind Barbour cocktail bar located in Raleigh, North Carolina had me at “Huge Bourbon and Whiskey Collection” Several choices in specialty cocktails, bourbons, whiskey and live music! It a must see when you are in Raleigh. For more information and calendar updates visit www.blindbarbour.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – North Carolina
Thank you for joining me eating and drinking our way through Best Food and Best Drinks – North Carolina. I discovered a few new favorites. Topping my list is the Fruit de Mer Omelet from Cafe Monte Bakery and Bistro and the Carolina Sweet Tart Cocktail. So much deliciousness. Did your North Carolina favorites make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new Best Food and Best Drinks.
Looking for ways to work of some of those calories? Read my Blog Post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – North Carolina or click here. Bridges and Airplanes and Lighthouses are just a few of the Amazing Travel Adventures North Carolina has to offer.
Until Next Time,