Hello and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide sharing Can’t Miss Events – Oregon. Here you can find large comic con events, a smaller sci-if conventions, film festivals and music festivals. Oregon has something for everyone. Let’s go exploring!
Rose City Comic Con – Oregon
1. Rose City Comic Con is an annual event, (except 2020, we don’t talk about 2020) held at the Oregon Convention Center. This event is one of Oregon’s premier pop culture and science fiction place to be.
2. RCCC’s next event is scheduled to take place on September 10 – 12, 2021. At the time of this post the event will take place. Early Bird Adult 3 Day tickets are $65. Early Bird Adult Saturday tickets are $35.
3. To learn more about this can’t miss event, registration and celebrity guests visit their website at www.rosecitycomiccon.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Rose City Comic Con.
OryCon – Oregon
1. OryCon is held annually at the Red Lion Hotel in Jantzen Beach, Oregon. The event is full of all things science fiction and fantasy. If you love books, movies, comics, celebrity guests and more, than OryCon is for you.
2. OryCon’s next event is scheduled to take place November 17 – 19, 2021. At the time of this post the event was still taking place. Yeah, remember that year we don’t talk about.😣
3. To get updated information about OryCon visit their website at www.orycon.org or click here. Photos courtesy of OryCon.
Ashland Independent Film Festival – Oregon
1. The Ashland Independent Film Festival’s website states their mission is the celebrate the diversity of human experiences through the art of independent film by enriching, educating, and inspiring all audiences. All screenings take place within downtown Ashland, Oregon.
2. Screenings taking place April 15 – 29, 2021 are virtual and costs $10 per film. The in person screenings scheduled for June 24 – 28, 2021 do not list ticket prices at this time.
3. For festival updates visit their website at www.ashlandfilm.org or click here.
Waterfront Blues Festival – Oregon
1. Live music returns this summer with the Waterfront Blues Festival. The location will change this year to accommodate social distancing for the attendees, but the same amazing music will be there.
2. WBF’s next event is scheduled to take place July 2 – 5, 2021. Live blues music and fireworks are the best way to celebrate July 4th don’t you think?!
3. Festival plans, ticket prices and performing artists will be announced on their website www.waterfrontbluesfest.com or click here. Their website currently states the update will be available May 2021. Photos courtesy of Waterfront Blues Festival and Peter Dervin.
C Stands for Can’t Miss Events – Oregon
Thank you for traveling with me through some amazing Can’t Miss Events – Oregon. Together we discovered science fiction conventions, independent film festivals and live blues music! Did your favorite can’t miss event make my list? If not please share in the comments. I love learning about and discovering new treasures.
Feeling a bit hungry after attending all of those can’t miss events? Read my blog post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Oregon or click here. Baja chicken hash stack and stuffed croissant French toast are two of my new favorite foods.
Until Next Time,