Hello and welcome to this week’s travel destination guide sharing Best Food and Best Drinks – Oregon. Love Open Faced Omelets and Sweet but Strong Drinks? Read on to find a few of my new favorite things Oregon style.
Best Food – Oregon
Crescent Cafe located at 526 NE 3rd Street in McMinnville, Oregon. For more menu selections visit their website at www.crescentcafeonthird.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Crescent Cafe
1. Open Face Omelet with spinach, mushrooms, bacon and creamed goat cheese. Served with your choice of potatoes and toast.
2. Lemon and Berry Crepes. Tangy lemon sauce on the inside and fresh seasonal berries on the outside. It’s a win, win!
3. Cornmeal Molasses Bread French Toast served with 2 eggs any style. The name says it all!
Best Food – Oregon
McKay Cottage Restaurant located at 62910 O B Riley Road Suite 340 in Bend, Oregon. To see more menu selections and restaurant hours visit their website at www.themckaycottage.com or click here. Photos courtesy of McKay Cottage Restaurant.
1. McKay Cottage Potatoes – scrambled eggs, spinach, mushrooms, green onions and Hill’s sausage. Served with Breakfast potatoes, fresh baked butter scone and homemade jam.
2. Guac n’ Roll – toasted nine grain bread, avocado, radish, organic micro greens, cherry tomatoes, EVOO, chili-lime sea salt, two eggs any style & fresh fruit.
3. Baja Chicken Hash Stack – crispy corn tortillas layered with pulled chicken, poblano, corn, potatoes, onions, roasted red peppers, salsa, cheddar, poached eggs and hollandaise. Served with fresh fruit.
Best Drinks – Oregon
The Oregon Grinder cocktail can be created in a cocktail shaker or by adding ingredients to a tall cocktail glass. I decided to share the cocktail shaker version. One, because I have a new cocktail shaker. Two, because to me it ends up as a creamier drink to sippy sip. Either way it is a very tasty representation of Oregon.
1. Fill shaker with ice. Add 1 ounce dark rum, 1 ounce light rum, 1 ounce whiskey, 2 ounces cream of coconut and 1 tablespoon white chocolate liqueur.
2. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted. Strain ingredients into cocktail glass filled with ice.
3. Looking to have a Grinder sandwich with your Grinder Cocktail? Visit Huber’s in Portland, Oregon. The bar and restaurant opened in 1879. Huber’s was able to stay open during prohibition by serving free sandwiches with every drink purchase. For more history, menu selections or to make a reservation visit their website at www.hubers.com or click here.
Best Drinks – Oregon
The Oregon Special is another cocktail that can be created in a cocktail shaker or in a highball cocktail glass. For this drink I went with the cocktail shaker, not because it makes a creamier drink but because I was on a roll with my new cocktail shaker.
1. Fill shaker with ice. Add 3 ounces light rum, 3 ounces orange juice, 3 ounces sweet & sour and 1 tablespoon grenadine.
2. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted. Strain ingredients into tall cocktail glass filled with ice.
3. Looking for great food, great drinks and great sparkling patios? Then look no further than barTini bistro. BarTini is located in Eugene, Oregon and it has it all. To see more of what this amazing place has to offer visit their Facebook page. Hint: go to the outside patio! It’s so shiny!
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Oregon
Thank you for joining me as we ate and drank our way through Oregon. My new favorites Best Food and Best Drinks – Oregon are the Baja Chicken Hash Stack and the Oregon Special Cocktail. Summertime is coming and I picture myself sipping these during more than one warm summer weekend. Did your favorite brunch spot make my list? Do you have a favorite Oregon themed cocktail not listed? Please share your Best Food and Best Drinks – Oregon finds in the comments.
Are you planning a road trip and looking for more places to eat and drink? Heading to Nevada or Idaho? Read my Blog Posts B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Nevada or click here. Or if Idaho is your destination read my Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Idaho or click here. Gotta keep that tummy happy!
Until Next Time,