Hello and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide sharing Amazing Travel Adventures – Oregon. This post will show you places to go and things to do while on your next vacation or getaway in Oregon. With breathtaking lake views, hard hitting roller derby and secret tunnels, Oregon has something for everyone. Let’s travel.
Lakes and Waterfalls and Treehouses – Oregon
1. Crater Lake National Park is located in southern Oregon and is the deepest lake in the United States. The Park covers over 183,000 acres. It offers hiking, camping, boating and too many photo op opportunities to count. Visit Crater Lake’s website at www.nps.gov or click here to plan your next adventure.
2. Multnomah Falls is located in the Columbia River Gorge. The falls and its surrounding forest are well known. The falls are the most visited natural phenomena in the Pacific Northwest. The visitor’s center maintains clean restrooms a snack bar, trail maps and information brochures. With things slowly reopening I recommend a visit to their website at www.fs.usda.gov or click here. Their website will have the most up to date hours of operation and visitor instructions.
3. Paradise Treehouse is located in Cave Junction, Oregon. Paradise is full of rural Bed & Breakfasts treehouses. Each treehouse comes with bathrooms, free Wi-Fi and amazing views. For more things to see and do while staying at Treehouse Paradise visit their website at www.treehouseparadise.com or click here.
Sea Lions and Ducks and Rollers – Oregon
1. The world famous Sea Lion Caves are located in Florence, Oregon. The caves are a natural home for wild sea lions and sea birds. It’s an amazing travel adventure to experience, if you don’t mind it getting very loud at times. For cave hours, it was closed to visitors at the time of this post, visit their website at www.sealioncaves.com or click here.
2. Go Ducks! The University of Oregon campus is located in Eugene, Oregon. It is a research university founded in 1876. The Oregon Ducks sport teams are now allowing a limited number of spectators to their outdoor athletic events. Amazing university. Amazing campus. Amazing sports. For more event information including campus tours visit their website at www.uoregon.edu or click here.
3. The Rose City Rollers website states their league is made up of over 400 smart, tough, accomplished women. The league has girls and gender expansive individuals who skate fast and hit hard. Participants also defy stereotypes about female athletes and women’s sports. I highly recommend visiting their website at www.rosecityrollers.com or click here to check out their schedule and see a match when visiting Portland. Amazing athletes doing amazing things.
Roses and Goonies and a Shady Past
1. The International Rose Test Garden is located in Portland, Oregon. It is home to over 10,000 individual rose bushes. The bushes bloom between the months of May and October. Free public tours are available daily. Gallery photos and current rose varieties being displayed can be found on their website at www.portland.gov or click here.
2. Goonies the Movie. Have you seen it? The house from the movie is located in Astoria, Oregon. It is one of the many Goonies film locations to explore throughout the city. Remember the County Jail? It’s now the home to the Oregon Film Museum and showcases many more Oregon films. To see all of your favorite Oregon films visit their website at www.astoriamuseum.org of click here.
3. Shanghai Tunnels are also known as the Old Portland Underground. are located in Portland, Oregon. The tunnels connected from many hotels and taverns to the waterfront. The purpose of the tunnels was to move products from the shipyards to downtown businesses. Being underground helped avoid or cause traffic on the streets above. We’re the tunnels also a secret pathway? There are stories of men being kidnaped and force to work their way to freedom on cargo ships? Some say yes. Some say no. Take a guided tour and decide for your self at www.portlandtunnels.com or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Oregon
Thank you for traveling with me through Amazing Tavel Adventures – Oregon. Amazing Crater Lake. Adventurous Astoria Museum. Traveling controversial Tunnels. Did your favorite places to visit in Oregon make my list? If not please share in the comments.
Working up an appetite discovering all of these amazing travel adventures? Read my Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Oregon or click here. Great food, great bars and great cocktail recipes. Yes, Please!
Until Next Time,
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures - Washington - Wonder Lesch Blog
[…] for more things to add to your must see list? Check out my blog post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Oregon or click here. Discover Crater Lake National Park, Sea Lions Caves, the International Rose Test Gardens and so […]