Hello and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide: B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Ohio. Discover Loaded Toast, Peanut Butter and Banana Pancakes, and Peanut Butter Cocktails. Ohio is a place for foodie lovers and cocktail lovers. Travel with me!
Best Food – Ohio
First Ohio Foodie stop is The Blueberry Cafe located at 72 Bellbrook Plaza in Bellbrook, Ohio. They offer so many delicious dishes it can be hard to choose. For more menu selections, restaurant hours and to me the Muffin Man visit their Facebook page. Photos courtesy of The Blueberry Cafe.
1. Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast. The cafe offers 8 different versions of French Toast. I highly recommend the peanut butter and banana version.
2. Loaded Avocado Toast. Sourdough toast lightly buttered with avocado smash, avocado, tomato and feta cheese. Served with apple wood smoked bacon, two eggs your way and hash browns or fruit cup.
3. Tuscan Chicken Omelet. Create your own omelet starting with 2 eggs and served with hash browns and your choice of toast. The added ingredients are chicken sausage, mozzarella cheese, spinach and tomato.
Ohio Foodie stop number 2 is Sleepy Bee Cafe located at 9514 Kenwood Road in Blue Ash, Ohio. For more menu selections and locations visit their website at www.sleepybeecafe.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Sleepy Bee Cafe.
1. Peanut Butter and Banana pancakes. Chocolate chip pancakes topped with natural peanut butter and bananas. Served with Milligan’s Maple Syrup.
2. Chorizo Omelet. Spiced chorizo, black beans, bell peppers and white cheddar cheese. Topped with smoky chipotle salsa and sour cream. Served with your choice of side. I highly recommend the red skin potatoes topped with garlic sauce.
3. Avi Omelet. Eggs, fresh avocado, spinach, mushrooms, tomato, onions and white cheddar cheese. Served with your choice of toast and your choice of side. The sweet potatoes are a delicious go to choice.
Best Drinks – Ohio
Boozy Buckeye is my cocktail of choice to share with you. I am not sure how boozy a buckeye can get but this drink will warm you up from head to toe.
1. Create hot chocolate per instructions on package. Pour made hot chocolate into large mugs. Add 2 ounces Coconut rum, 2 ounces Kahlua.
2. Stir well. Add 1 teaspoon melted peanut butter and top with whipped cream. Cheers to your amazing Boozy Buckeye!
3. This drink is a great warm up while attending tailgate parties at Ohio State football games. To learn about game schedules and ticket prices visit www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com or click here.
Peanut Butter Buckeye combines chocolate and peanut butter to create an amazing Ohio themed drink. Buckeyes? Peanut Butter? Not sure of the connection but I am sure this is a best drink!
1. Fill shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces vodka, 1 ounce melted peanut butter and 1 ounce chocolate syrup. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into chilled martini glass. Add more chocolate to taste.
3. Looking for some history to go with your Boozy Buckeye? Ye Olde Trail Tavern is located in Yellow Springs. It is the oldest tavern in Ohio. Built in 1827 it has been serving food and drinks ever since. To view their current daily specials visit www.oldetrailtavern.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Ohio
Thank you for traveling with me through Best Food and Best Drinks Ohio style. I discovered that Ohio LOVES its peanut butter! I now have a craving for peanut butter and banana French toast. Did your favorite Brunch location or Ohio themed drink make my list? If not, please share yours in the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Looking for more Best Food and Best Drinks nearby? Read my blog post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Kentucky or click here. Kentucky is Ohio’s neighbor to the south and has several new treasures to discover.
Looking for more Amazing Travel Adventures? Read my Blog Post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Michigan or click here. Michigan is Ohio’s neighbor to the north. Discover Islands, and Castles and Sleeping Bears.
Until Next Time,