Hello and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide. This week I am sharing a few of my favorite things to do and see in Michigan. Her you will find Amazing Travel Adventures Michigan for your next vacation or getaway. Let’s travel.
A STANDS FOR AMAZING TRAVEL ADVENTURES
Michigan is a state located in the Great Lakes and Midwestern area of the United States. Michigan is more than motors and music but I do have to share the music!
Islands and Castles and Sleeping Bears
1. Mackinac Island – An island resort area located between the Upper North and Lower South peninsulas of Michigan. The island is listed as a National Historic Landmark, the whole island. The island has history, fine dining, amazing art, cool shops and no cars. Pack your walking shoes! For more information and updates visit their website at www.mackinacisland.org or click here.
2. Miner’s Castle is the most recognized rock formation found in the Pictured Rocks cliffs. The cliffs are roughly 15 miles long and can be found along the Lakeshore. They are best seen from the water. For more information and updates visit their website at www.nps.gov or click here.
3. Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore is located on the northeast shore of Lake Michigan. I recommend walking the Sleeping Bear Point Trail. The loop covers almost 3 miles and has amazing views of Lake Michigan and South Manitou Island. For more information and other hikes and trails visit their website at www.nps.gov or click here.
Motown and Wolverines and Parks
1. Motown Museum – Visit Motown’s original recording studio to get a first hand look at where the magic all started. The museum has several Motown artifacts, photographs, autographs and other amazing memories. For more information and updates visit their website at www.motownmuseum.org or click here.
2. University of Michigan is a public research university in Ann Arbor. It is ranked one of the Top 10 Public Universities in the United States. The University has a tradition of excellence in research, learning and teaching, sports and the arts. For more information including campus tours and game day schedules visit their website at www.umich.edu or click here.
3. Belle Isle Park, or better known as Belle Isle, is a park over 900 acres located in Detroit, Michigan. Near and in the Park you can find Belle Isle Aquarium, Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory, Dossin Great Lakes Museum and so much more. Visiting the Park can be an all day adventure or a short stop postcard photo opportunities. For more information and updates visit their website at www.belleisleconservancy.org or click here.
Hell and Pie Pans and Haunted Houses
1. Welcome to Hell. Hell, Michigan that is! This amazing small town is located near Ann Arbor. It’s a great place to eat, Hell Hole Diner. Watch Hell freeze over at the ice cream shop named the Crematory. Photo ops and lots of souvenir shops. For more information and updates visit their website at www.gotohellmi.com or click here.
2. Largest Pie Pan. If you have read some of my other blog post you may have realized I am a fan of the largest blank. The World’s Largest Cherry Pie Pan can be found in Garfield Township, Michigan. It baked a record breaking 17’ 6” pie and is a great photo op and conversation starter.
3. If you love Halloween all year long as I do, I recommend visiting Erebus Haunted Attraction. It is four stories of frights and delights. For more information and updates visit there website at www.hauntedpontiac.com or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – MIchigan
Hope you enjoyed reading about a few of my favorite things in Michigan. Michigan Amazing Travel Adventures offered Islands and Castles and Sleeping Bears. There was also Motown and Wolverines and Parks. The icing on the cake was visiting Hell and seeing the World’s largest pie pan and screaming with delight at Erebus Haunted House.
Let me know if your favorites made the list. If not add them to the comments. I love discovering new Amazing Travel Adventures.
Looking for more places to go and things to do visit my A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures Massachusetts. Click here.
Until Next Time