Foodie lovers and cocktail lovers come right this way. My next travel destination guide shares B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Missouri.
B Stands for Best Food
First stop on my Missouri Foodie Crawl will be Gailey’s Breakfast Cafe located at 220 E Walnut Street in Springfield. For more menu selections and information visit their website at www.gaileysbreakfast.com or click here.
1. El Jefe Breakfast Skillet – two eggs any style with chorizo, jalapeños, tomatoes, red onions, avocado, cilantro and queso. Home fry skillets are built on a bed of home fry potatoes and are served with your choice of toast, pancake, French toast or biscuit and gravy.
2. The Brit – two eggs any style, English sausage, your choice of potato and an English muffin. Very English – American type of breakfast, don’t ya think?!
3. Banana Walnut Pancakes – two banana walnut pancakes served with two eggs any style and your choice of pork. You had me at banana walnut pancakes! Very large, banana walnut pancakes.
Crawling to the next Missouri Foodie favorite, Farmhouse Restaurant located at 119 W Main Street in Branson. For more menu selections and information visit their website at www.farmhouserestaurantbranson.com or click here.
1. Farmhouse Special – country ham steak, two eggs any style, served with country potatoes or dollar pancakes or grits and one biscuit with gravy. So many delicious choices!
2. Farmhouse Omlette – ham, cheese, green peppers and onions. Served with fresh biscuit and your choice of country fried potatoes, dollar pancakes or grits.
3. Blueberry Pancakes – AKA The Stack, is three fluffy pancakes with your choice to add pecans, chocolate chips or blueberries!
B Stands for Best Drinks
Interesting cocktails and interesting history?! Missouri, you are a win, win!
1. Missouri Mule. Add into cocktail shaker filled with ice: 1 1/2 ounces Bourbon, 1 1/2 ounce Applejack, 1 ounce triple sec, 1 1/2 ounces lemon juice and 1 ounce Campari.
2. Cover and shake well until cocktail shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted. Strain into cocktail glass with ice. Enjoy sweet but with a kick.
3. What do brewery cellars, Irish music and amazing cocktails have in common? They can all be found at O’Malley’s Pub. The Pub is noted as the oldest bar in Missouri and is located at 540 Welt Street in Weston, Missouri. For more information visit their website at www.westonirish.com or click here. Slainte!
Here Kansas City come, so give me some!
1. Caribou Lou. Add into cocktail shaker filled with ice: 1 1/2 ounces 151 Rum, 5 ounces Pineapple juice and 1 ounce Malibu Coconut Rum.
2. Cover and shake until cocktail shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted. Strain into cocktail glass filled with ice.
3. Did the song create the drink? Or did the drink create the song? Looking for an amazing cocktail and possible live show from Tech N9ne? Visit H. Toad’s Bar & Grill located at 2325 Bittersweet Road, Lake Ozark, Missouri. For more information visit their website at www.htoads.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Missouri
Thanks for crawling with me and discovering Best Food and Best Drinks Missouri has to offer. Several of the meals shown I would order again. Cheers to my home bartenders out there 🥂
Looking for more cocktail recipes? Discover B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Mississippi or click here. The Mississippi Mud Martini!!You can thank me later!
Until Next Time,