Mississippi is FULL of some amazing food and amazing drinks. Join me as we eat and drink our way through Mississippi.
First stop is Cotton Blues Kitchen and MarketPlace. It is located at 6116 Highway 98 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. And a must try food experience.
1. Fried Green Tomatoes Benedict – Pimento cheese, Pork Belly, Tomato Jam, Poached Eggs, Hollandaise and Boursin Cheese Grits
2. Blueberry Cream Cheese Pancakes – Three buttermilk pancakes filled with blueberries, whipped cheesecake filling, and maple syrup. Served with a side of bacon. YES, I just said bacon!
3. Prime Rib & Eggs – Blackened prime rib served with three egg omelet and your choice of fillings and toppings. For more menu options visit their website at www.cottonblues.com or click here.
Next Foodie stop is Saltine. Located at 622 Duling Avenue, Suite 201 in Jackson, Mississippi. It is a taste to remember.
1. PB & J – Crispy pork belly, pepper jelly and boiled peanuts
2. Scotch Egg – Maple breakfast sausage, wrapped in a 6 minute egg, goat cheese grits and pepper jelly.
3. Bourbon Caramel French Toast – Scrambled eggs, fried tenders, strawberries, bourbon caramel and orange whipped cream. For more menu options visit their website at www.saltinerestaurant.com or click here.
The two amazing cocktail recipes that I will be sharing really pack a punch. I also hope you don’t mind getting a bit dirty, or should I say muddy!
1. Add into a cocktail shaker filled with ice: 2 ounces Cognac, 1 ounce Bourbon, 1/2 ounce Dark Rum, 1/2 ounce Lemon Juice and 2 tablespoons fine sugar. Cover and shake and shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into a Collins glass filled with ice. Enjoy, responsibly. These really do pack a punch!
3. Looking for some colorful history to go with your Mississippi Punch? I highly recommend visiting Under the Hill Saloon located at 25 Silver Street in Natchez, Mississippi. The business doesn’t have a website but, they do have a Facebook page that lists all of their special events. Check it out!
1. Add into a cocktail shaker filled with ice: 1 ounce Hazelnut Liqueur, 1 ounce Chocolate Liqueur, 1 ounce Whipped Cream Vodka, 1/2 ounce Heavy Cream. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into chilled Martini glass that has been coated with Chocolate. They had me at Chocolate!
3. Looking to mix some blues with your mud? I highly recommend visiting Ground Zero Blues Club located at 387 Delta Avenue in Clarksdale, Mississippi. Live music and amazing home made Southern cooking tops my list for Foodie Crawl. For more information visit their website at www.groundzerobluesclub.com or click here. You can thank me later!
A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s of Mississippi
Down home southern cooking is food for the belly. Local live Blues music is food for the soul. Writing this blog post has me craving a Scotch Egg and a Mississippi Mud-Tini. Does licking the glass after finishing the drink count as dessert?!
Thank you for joining me on a Mississippi Best Food and Best Drinks adventure. Mississippi is full of adventures. If you haven’t read my blog post Mississippi Amazing Travel Adventures click here.
Until Next Time,