This week’s A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s is sharing all things Mississippi. Mississippi is a southern U.S. state with the Mississippi River to its west, the state of Alabama to its east, and the Gulf of Mexico to the south. The Mississippi Delta region is my favorite for Amazing Travel Adventures.
Bluffs, and Bridges, and Lighthouses
1. Red Bluff is located in Foxworth, Mississippi and is commonly called Mississippi’s Little Grand Canyon. Discover breathtaking views while walking or hiking the Bluff. The trail loop is under one mile and is rated as moderate. For more information and updates visit their website at www.alltrails.com. or click here.
2. Swinging Bridge is located within the Tishomingo State Park. I LOVE bridges! The Bridge was built in 1935, it is 200 feet long and spans over Bear Creek. The waterfalls to be seen once crossing the Swinging Bridge are breathtaking. For more information visit their website at www.mdwfp.com or click here.
3. The Biloxi Lighthouse was built in 1848. The lighthouse has become one of the city’s best known landmarks. So much history. So much beauty. The view at the top is definitely worth the climb! For more information, including tour times, visit their website at www.biloxi.ms.us or click here.
Blues, Murals, and Forests
1. Delta Blues Museum is located in Clarksdale, Mississippi. Established in 1979, its goal is to preserve and teach all things Blues. If you are ever visiting the land where the Blues began, I highly recommend stopping by the museum and supporting local art. For more information visit their website at www.deltabluesmuseum.org or click here.
2. Vicksburg Riverfront Murals showcase amazing Street Art. The canvases capture Vicksburg’s past, present and future. The town’s history, culture and growth can be seen and admired. For more information, including online viewing, visit their website at www.riverfrontmurals.com or click here.
3. Mississippi Petrified Forest is located near Flora, Mississippi. It is proof positive that Mother Nature is truly amazing. The self guided tour totals less than a mile in distance but there are several photo ops that must be captured so I recommend taking your time to soak it all in. The Petrified Trees have been around for millions of years and aren’t going anywhere. For more information visit their website at www.mspetrifiedforest.com or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Mississippi
I hope you enjoyed traveling with me to a few of my favorite things to do and see in Mississippi. Visiting Mississippi was an Amazing Travel Adventure and in the A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures.
After completing my research for my next blog post, B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Mississippi, I recently discovered the Mississippi Mud-Tini. I can’t wait to share the cocktail recipe with all of you!
Click here to read A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Minnesota.
Off to Complete More Research,
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks - Mississippi - Wonder Lesch Blog
[…] Thank you for joining me on a Mississippi Best Food and Best Drinks adventure. Mississippi is full of adventures. If you haven’t read my blog post Mississippi Amazing Travel Adventures click here. […]
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures - Montana - Wonder Lesch Blog
[…] for you? Travel with me and discover A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Mississippi. Read my blog post or click here. Mississippi is hot, hot, […]