This week’s A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s shares a few of my favorite A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures Minnesota. Here you will find where to go and what to see during your next vacation or getaway.
A STANDS FOR AMAZING TRAVEL ADVENTURES – Minnesota
Minnesota is located in the MidWestern Region of the United States bordering Canada to the North and Iowa to the South. Minnesota is also where I was born, so it will always have a special place in my heart. Let’s travel to a few special places in a very special state – Minnesota.
Waterfalls, Lighthouses and Bridges
1. Gooseberry Falls State Park is located in Two Harbors, Minnesota. The Falls is the perfect place for camping, hiking, or viewing the Northern Lights. Summer or Winter, anytime is the right time to visit Gooseberry Falls State Park. For more information and updates visit their website at www.dnr.state.mn.us or click here.
2. Split Rock Lighthouse State Park is also located in Two Harbors, Minnesota. It is one of the most photographed lighthouses in the United States, and you can see why. The views, the trails, the history. For more information and updates visit their website at www.mnhs.org or click here.
3. Stone Arch Bridge is located at 100 Portland Ave in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The bridge was built as a railroad bridge to cross the Mississippi River and opened in 1883. If you know me at all you know that I love bridges. I did say I was born in Minnesota, the land of over 10,000 Lakes. That equals bridges. The Stone Arch Bridge is a landmark icon for Minneapolis. For more information visit their website at www.minneapolisparks.org or click here.
Sculpture Parks, Recording Studios and Sidewalk Music
1. Franconia Sculpture Park is located at 29836 St Croix Trail North in Shafer, Minnesota. The grounds are free to enter 8:00 am – 8:00 pm all year long, except National Holidays. For more information regarding self – guided tours and their event calendar visit their website at www.franconia.org or click here.
2. Paisley Park, located at 7801 Audubon Road in Chanhassen, Minnesota, was once Prince’s home and studio. People now travel to Paisley Park to attend tours, concerts and events. For more information and inspiration visit their website at www.paisleypark.com or click here.
3. The Sidewalk Harp Sculpture is located at North 5th Street in Minneapolis, Minnesota. The Harp is an interactive instrument played by passing through the sensors located on the bottom of a 40 foot long steel form. A note is sounded, a light turns on, and magic happens. For more information and updates visit their website at www.jenlewinstudio.com or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Minnesota
Hope you enjoyed traveling to a few of my favorite things. A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Minnesota. The views at Gooseberry Falls are breathtaking. I would love to see the Northern Lights in the winter. I do not like cold though, so it is not going to the top of my list to visit during Wintertime. The architecture and history of Split Rock Lighthouse and Stone Arch Bridge are must see and hear in person experiences. Minnesota music! I love music, all types. I think my love began when I was much, much younger and has stayed strong throughout my life. What love did you discover at a young age that is still with you to this day?
Thanks for reading my A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s of Minnesota.
Looking for more Mid West travel ideas? Check out my blog post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Michigan. Click here.
Until Next Time,