Hello and Welcome to the next A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures Kansas edition. This week we are heading to Amazing Travel Adventures Kansas, USA.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures
Have you heard of Kansas? Yes, the Wizard of Oz Kansas. That place Dorothy is from and spends the entire movie trying to get back to. This Sunflower State has so much to explore and experience there really is no place like home.
Gardens a Plenty
- The Downing Children’s Garden is where you can experience the Monster Woods exhibit or explore their famous tree house, if you dare.
- The Shakespeare Garden is a beautiful blend of formal and cottage gardens characteristic of the Elizabethan era.
- Botanica Gardens combines charm with modern amenities on 17 acres of land making it an amazing travel adventure. For more information and updates visit their website at www.botanica.org or click here.
Digital Domes, Theaters and planetariums
Exploration Place is a science museum located in Wichita, Kansas. It is home to the largest dome theater in Kansas standing 60 feet high and a 360 degrees screen.
- The Digital Dome Theater and Planetarium has the largest dome theater in Kansas stands 60 feet high and has a 360 degree screen.
- Where Kids Rule is a three story medieval castle with over 60 hands on STEM based exhibits.
- Current hours are Tuesday to Saturday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm and Sunday 12:00 noon to 5:00 pm. For more information visit their website at www.cosmo.org or click here.
oddities and curiosities
Sharing some new favorite things that I discovered in Kansas. Odd and unusual always top my favorite new things!
1. World’s Largest Ball of Twine was started in 1953 and is now 8,083,640 feet long and weighs 20,078 pounds. For more information visit their website at www.kansastravel.org or click here.
2. Dorothy’s House and Coronado Museum offers a wonderful collection of all things Oz and is nestled in the heart of Kansas. So much amazing Ozness! For more information at www.dorothyshouse.com or click here.
3. The gigantic Van Gogh “Sunflower” painting measures 32 x 24 feet and can be seen from I-70. This gives a whole new meaning to name the Sunflower State. For more information visit their website at www.kansastravel.org or click here.
amazing travel adventures – kansas
Thank you for joining my Amazing Travel Adventures in Kansas, USA. So much to do and so much to see. I’m sure somewhere over the rainbow the Sunflower State has something for everyone. Let me know a few of your favorite things discovered during your visit to Kansas.
Looking to discover more from Kansas’ sister state Missouri? Read my blog post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Missouri or click here.
Until Next Time