This week’s Travel Destination Guide A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s shares Amazing Travel Adventures – Missouri.
Arches, and Bridges, and Caverns, Oh My
1. The Gateway Arch is located in St. Louis, Missouri. I highly suggest taking the tram when visiting. The tram travels up 630 feet. The arch is the tallest man made monument in the United States. Visit their website at http://www.gateway arch.com or click here.
2. Chain of Rocks Bridge spans over the Mississippi River. The bridge travels 1 mile from Madison, Illinois to St Louis, Missouri. Connecting two cities is not the most unique feature of this bridge, it has a 30 degree turn in the middle of its span. For more information visit their website at http://www.nps.gov or click here.
3. Talking Rocks Cavern is located in Branson West, Missouri. Guided walking cave tours travel into a vertical cave featuring living crystal cave formations. The tours depart frequently throughout the day. For more information visit their website at http://www.talkingrockscavern.com of click here.
Sculpture Parks, Baseball Parks and Jazz Music!
1. Citygarden Sculpture Park is located on Market Street in downtown St Louis, Missouri. The Citygarden is an urban sculpture park. It hosts free interactive art, fountains and gardens. For more information visit their website at http://www.citygardenstl.org or click here.
2. Busch Stadium baseball park is located at 700 Clark Ave in St Louis, Missouri. Busch stadium is home to the St Louis Cardinals baseball team. The stadium also hosts several events throughout the year. For more information including an event calendar, visit their website at http://www.mlb.com or click here.
3. American Jazz Museum is located at 1616 E 18th Street, Kansas City, Missouri. The museum preserves the history of American jazz music. There are several exhibits showcasing some of the best jazz performers ever heard. For more information visit their website at http://www.americanjazzmuseum.org or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Missouri
We travel together and discovered aches, bridges, caverns, parks and museums. They are just the tip of the iceberg of fun places to go and things to see. Let me know if your favorite Amazing Travel Adventures in Missouri. Hope this travel destination guide helps you plan your next vacation or getaway to Missouri.
Looking for more Amazing Travel Adventures? Read my post about Missouri’s sister state Kansas. Click here.
Thanks you for traveling with me to some of Missouri’ best places to be and things to see.
Until next time,