Hello, and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s – Idaho. Here I will be sharing Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch locations, and Can’t Miss Events in Idaho, USA. Planning your next vacation or day trip get away starts right here. Let’s travel!
A Stands for Amazing Drinks – Idaho
A is for Amazing Drinks. The Idaho themed drinks I have decided to share are down home deliciousness and can be found at any local bar or restaurant in Idaho, or if you are like me, you can bring a bit of Idaho into your home. Cheers to home bartenders 🍸🍸
Amazing Drinks Cucumber Martini – Idaho
The Cucumber Martini may not be the first thing you think of when you think Idaho. Let me change your mind regarding first thoughts. This Martini version is made with Blue Ice American Potato Vodka made from the finest Idaho russet potatoes and pristine water from the top of the Grand Teton Mountains.
- Place 3 thick cucumber slices in a cocktail shaker. Muddle the cucumber slices. Add 2 1/2 ounces vodka and 1/2 ounce dry vermouth into cocktail shaker. Add ice.
- Shake cocktail shaker until the shaker becomes frosty and the ice has mostly melted. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with 3 thin cucumber slices.
- Traveling to Lake Coeur d’Alene? I highly recommend visiting One Shot Charlie’s located at 200 S Coeur d’Alene Avenue Harrison, ID. It is open all year long and offers an amazing deck to watch some amazing sunsets while sipping your Cucumber Martini. They even offer Martini Monday’s every Monday night at 5:00 pm November through Spring. Cheers to that! 🍸🍸
Amazing Drinks Vodka Soda – Idaho
Vodka soda may be a cocktail that you have heard of before. Even tasted. But have you tried it with Blue Ice Vodka potato vodka. I bought this brand because it is created in Idaho. I have replaced it more than once because it tops my list of favorite vodkas!
- Pour 2 ounces vodka into glass. Fill glass with ice. Top off glass with club soda. Add slash of lemon juice.
- Stir slightly to mix ingredients. Add lemon wedge as garnish if desired.
- Business travel in Boise? The Royal Cocktail Company located at 1509 N 13th Street Boise, ID is the perfect after work place to be. Remember all work and no play make Jack a dull boy. Daily special craft cocktails include more than a Vodka Soda but, I like what I like.
B Stands for Best Brunch – Idaho
Abracadabra’s Breakfast and Bistro located at 2040 Channing Way Idaho Falls, ID is where the food is magic!
- Chicken Fried Steak, served with hash browns, choice of 2 eggs and country gravy
- Captain Crunch Encrusted French Toast. Yes you heard me right! 2 slices encrusted and cooked to a golden brown. The middle is filled with bananas and served with buttermilk syrup and fresh whipped cream.
- California Scramble, made with onions, mushrooms, diced chicken, tomatoes and fresh spinach. Topped with Hollandaise sauce and avocados, Served with hash browns.
Moe Joe’s Breakfast Eatery located at 2951 E Overland Road, Suite 190 Meridian, ID has been serving breakfast and lunch for over a year at the time of this post. Their menu offers a variety of delicious, original meals cooked from scratch.
- Smokehouse Hash Bowl, served with smoked sausage, bacon, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, green onions and chipotle cream sauce.
- Salted Caramel Banana Bread French Toast, house made banana bread dipped in Moe Joe’s sweet batter and topped with roasted walnuts, fresh bananas and a caramel drizzle. Sweeeeeet!
- Traditional Eggs Benedict, served on an English muffin with shaved ham, poached eggs, Hollandaise sauce and your choice of hashbrowns, Moe Joe’s potatoes or fruit.
C Stands for Can’t Miss Events – Idaho
Gem State Comic Con – Idaho
- Gem State Comic Con is a pop culture and comic convention celebrating all fandoms. The event hosts celebrity guests, local vendors, artists, cosplay, tabletop games and video games.
- Gem State Comic Con’s original event date was scheduled for April 4, 2020. It has been rescheduled to October 3, 2020. Adult General Admission tickets are $10 + fees. Children 12 and under are free to attend with paying adult.
- Visit their website at www.gemstatecomiccon.com or click here for more information and event updates. Photos courtesy of Gem State Comic Con.
Anime Oasis – Idaho
- Anime Oasis’ website states it is returning to its core concept for their 2021 event. They will also be limiting the total number of tickets to be sold to allow Anime Oasis to create a more focused event concentrating on quality quests and a quality event.
- Anime Oasis Revive has been scheduled for June 25 – 27, 2021. 3 Day Adult tickets are $60 per person Youth tickets are $30. 1 day tickets are not available. Tickets go on sale June 1, 2021.
- Please visit their website at www.animeoasis.org or click here for more event information and updates. Photos courtesy of Anime Oasis.
Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch and Can’t Miss Events – Idaho
We must take adventures in order to find where we truly belong. Idaho has a little bit of something for everyone. Did you know besides Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch locations and Conventions that can’t be missed, Idaho has a Potato Drop celebration every New Year’s Eve to help ring in the new Year. Time’s Square ball drop has nothing on Idaho’s Giant Spud drop. Have you seen it?!
Thank you for reading my travel destination guide for Idaho’s A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s. I hope sharing some of my favorite’s things Idaho has inspired you to begin planning your next vacation or day trip to Boise, or Harrison, or Sun Valley or whenever the adventure takes you. Below are some items to help in planning and inspiring.
Looking for more Amazing Travel Adventures? Read my Blog Post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Montana or click here.
Getting hungry from all of your traveling? Read my Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Montana or click here.
Can’t get enough Can’t Miss Events? Read my Blog Post C Stands for Can’t Miss Conventions – Montana or click here.
Until next time,
** This site contains affiliate links to products I recommend. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.