Hello and welcome to Amazing Travel Adventure – Colorado. This week’s Travel Destination Guide shares Rocky Mountain National Park. Red Rocks Amphitheater. Royal Gorge Bridge and so much more. Let’s explore and discover amazing travel adventures Colorado style.
Rocky Mountains and Mesa Verdes and Sand Dunes – Colorado
1. Rocky Mountain National Park is located in northern Colorado. Discover the Continental Divide. Travel Trail Ridge Road and the Old Fall River Road. Mother Nature at her Best! Plan your next adventure at www.nps.gov/romo or click here.
2. Mesa Verde National Park is located in South West Colorado. Discover amazing cliff dwellings. Explore archeological sites and museums. Mesa Verde is also officially designated as a Dark Sky Park. Tour during the day and star gaze at night. Hours, prices, maps and more can be found at www.nps.gov/meve or click here.
3. Great Sand Dunes National Park is home to the tallest dunes in North America. Discover amazing hiking, sandboarding, swimming and more. Visit their website at www.nps.gov/grsa or click here.
Red Rocks and Railroads and Lakes – Colorado
1. Red Rocks Park and Amphitheater is located in Jefferson County, Colorado. This historic venue has been built into red rocks. Discover yoga on the rocks. Watch classic films. Experience music concerts and more. Find your next favorite adventure at www.redrocksonline.com or click here.
2. Durango and Silverton Railroad explores the beautiful San Juan National Forest. Vintage tours depart twice a day. Seven days a week. May through October. Train schedules, package prices and more can be found at www.durangotrain.com or click here.
3. Hanging Lake is a natural landmark located in White River National Forest. The Lake trail offers amazing forest scenery. Experience first hand amazing waterfalls and travertine formations. It is a must see during your Colorado amazing travel adventures.
Bridges and Haunted Hotels and Levee Murals – Colorado
1. Royal Gorge Bridge is located in Fremont County, Colorado. This amazing adventure is the highest suspension bridge in the United States. The Bridge is a must see destination. An amusement park is found at both ends of the bridge’s 955 feet. General Admission tickets include Bridge, Gondola, Theater and Playground. Purchase at www.royalgorgebridge.com or click here.
2. The Stanley Hotel believes all work and no play make Jack a dull boy. Plan your trip to the location that inspired Stephen King’s The Shinning. Make your reservation to stay in suite 217, if you dare. Besides possible paranormal activity at the hotel, you can enjoy: a spa day, fine dining, tours and more. Visit www.stanleyhotel.com or click here to start your amazing travel adventure.
3. Pueblo Levee Mural is 3 miles in length located in Pueblo, Colorado. The Mural had been certified to be the longest painting by Guinness Book of Records. Updates and reservations are taking place at the time of this post. Everything looks better with a fresh coat of paint. Enjoy.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventure – Colorado
Thank you for joining me as we explored Amazing Travel Adventure – Colorado. Together we discovered Great Sand Dunes National Park. Hanging Lake. Pueblo Levee Mural and so much more. Did your favorite Colorado adventure make my list? If not, please share in the comments.
Looking to discover Old Faithful, Jackson Hole Aerial Tram and so much more? Check out my blog post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventure – Wyoming or click here. Let’s travel Wyoming style.
Until Next Time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch