Hello and welcome to Best Food and Best Drinks – Wisconsin. Explore with me as we discover Huevos Rancheros Nachos, Fried Green Tomatoes Benedict, Wisconsin Badger Cocktail and so much more. New treasures to be found Wisconsin style.
Best Food – Wisconsin
Bar 430’s website states it is a venue for classic bar fare with some creative twists. They have an amazing cocktail menu and serve brunch on the weekends. This Best Brunch is located at 430 N Main Street in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. To check out their menu selections visit their website at www.bar430.com or click here. All photos are courtesy of Bar 430.
1. Huevos Rancheros Nachos: Deep fried corn tortilla chips with chorizo, scrambled eggs, black beans, queso cheese, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, tomatoes and cilantro.
2. Lemon Ricotta Hot Cakes: Three lemon ricotta hot cakes, fresh strawberries, blueberries and orangecello reduction.
3. Hangover Pizza: Deep fried flatbread topped with garlic roasted fingerling potatoes, queso, scrambled egg, bacon, cheddar cheese and chives.
SAP’s mission is to offer made from scratch, made to order dishes in a welcoming atmosphere. SAP is located at 708 N Casaloma Drive in Appleton, WI. Check out their menu selections at www.sapbrunch.com or click here. When they have brunch in the URL you know it has Best Brunch! Photos courtesy of SAP.
1. Fried Green Tomatoes Benedict: English muffin topped with fried green tomatoes, poached eggs and smoked tomato hollandaise sauce. Served with salad and side of bacon.
2. Corned Beef Hash: Home made corned beef hash served with roasted potatoes and onions. Topped with poached egg. Your choice of toast.
3. Scrambled Egg Skillet: Build your own skillet. So many choices to choose. Good luck in deciding!
Best Drinks – Wisconsin
The Wisconsin Old Fashioned is rumored to have started at the Chicago World’s Fair in 1893. The Brandy in this Best Drinks cocktail was a hit and found its way back to Wisconsin. Brandy is not my go to for Old Fashioned Cocktails but this recipe makes it one of my top two choices.
1. Place 1 sugar cube into cocktail glass. Add 3 dashes bitters. Muddle sugar cube until completely mixed with bitters. Add 3 ounces Brandy and 1 ounce 7up. Stir well.
2. Add large cube of ice. Garnish with cherries as desired. Please drink responsibly.
3. Looking for some history to go with your Wisconsin themed cocktail? Visit The Monarch Public House. This oldest continually serving tavern was built around 1893. Their menu includes Irish eats, pizza, brewed beer and amazing cocktails. Visit www.monarchtavern.com or click here to learn more. Slainte!
The University of Wisconsin’s mascot is the Badger. This state themed cocktail may or may not be found at U of W tailgate parties or at pre-game gatherings. It has Brandy in it so it must taste good, right?! Check out the recipe below and let me know what you think.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 1 ounce Cherry Liqueur, 1 ounce Blueberry Liqueur, 1 ounce Apple Vodka, 2 ounces Brandy and 1 ounce Cran-Cherry. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain all ingredients into cocktail glass filled with ice. Please drink responsibly.
3. How about some Wisconsin cheese to pair with that adult beverage? Baumgartner’s Cheese Store & Tavern has some of Wisconsin’s Best cheese. You are in Wisconsin, don’t cha know, cheese is everywhere! The serves local beers, pub eats and cheese. Check out www.baumgartnercheese.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Wisconsin
Thank you for joining me as we explored Best Food and Best Drinks – Wisconsin. We discovered Wisconsin has so many delicious choices when it comes to brunch options and state themed cocktails. New gems I am adding to my favorites list are the Corned Beef Hash from SAP and the Wisconsin Old Fashioned. Sorry whiskey, brandy might be my go to ingredient for making an Old Fashioned from now on. Or until I discover another, bigger, better recipe. Did your favorite Wisconsin brunch location or state themed cocktail make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures!
Are you in search of more Mid West Best Food and Best Drinks? Check out my blog post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Minnesota. You will discover Flappers from Colossal Cafe, Smoked Salmon Avocado Toast from Thirty-Six Cafe, the Purple Viking Cocktail and so much more.
Until Next Time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch