Hello and welcome to Amazing Travel Adventures – Wisconsin. This week’s Travel Destination Guide shares Devil’s Lake State Park, the Famous Milwaukee Public Market, the National Railroad Museum and so much more. Let’s explore and discover amazing travel adventures Wisconsin style.
Devil’s Lake and Copper Falls and Sea Caves – Wisconsin
1. Devil’s Lake State Park is located in Baraboo, Wisconsin. The State Park is part of the Ice Age National Scenic Trail and is home to a 360 acre lake, Devil’s Lake. For more information, make reservations, event calendars and more visit their website at www.dnr.wisconsin.gov or click here.
2. Copper Falls State Park is over 3,000 acres located in Ashland, Wisconsin. The Falls are from a section of the Bad River, and flows through a gorge then drops into several waterfalls. To learn more about this amazing travel adventure visit www.dnr.wisconsin.gov or click here.
3. Apostle Island Sea Caves are proof that Mother Nature truly is amazing. The sea caves have been sculpted along the shoreline after years of the sea water freezing and thawing over and over again. The result is breathtaking! Bring your camera and plan your next trip at www.nps.gov or click here.
Public Markets and Football Fields and Art Museums – Wisconsin
1. Milwaukee Public Market is located at 400 N Water Street. The Market’s website states it is an industrial chic marketplace offering local baked goods, cheese, meats, produce and prepared eats. Vendor listing, hours and calendar events can be found at www.milwaukeepublicmarket.org or click here.
2. Lambeau Field is located in Green Bay, Wisconsin and home of the Green Bay Packer football team. Are you ready for some football? Tickets, game and calendar event can be found at www.packers.com or click here. Don’t forget your cheesehead!
3. The Milwaukee Art Museum contains 25,000 works of art. The number of items make it one of the largest museums in the world. The architecture of the building, created by Santiago Calatrava, is also a work of art all by itself. For photos, history, hours and more visit www.mam.org or click here.
Railroad Museums and Public Enemies and Capone’s Speakeasy – Wisconsin
1. National Railroad Museum is located in Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin. The Museum hosts educational, innovative and interactive exhibits. Event calendars, ticket prices, tours and train rides can be found at www.nationalrrmuseum.org or click here.
2. Little Bohemia Lodge is also known as the shoot out location between the FBI and John Dillinger. The famous restaurant and bar also showcases artifacts from the 1934 shoot out. Reserve a room, a table for dinner or their event calendars visit www.littlebohemialodge.com or click here.
3. Shaker’s Cigar Bar was once upon a time the Capone Brother’s Speakeasy. This amazing travel adventure is located in the Walker’s Point neighborhood of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. It’s now an Airbnb, cocktail bar, restaurant and Cigar bar all rolled into one. To learn more visit www.shakerscigarbar.com or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Wisconsin
Thank you for joining me as we explored and discovered Amazing Travel Adventures – Wisconsin. My new favorite I am adding to my list is Shaker’s Cigar Bar. Capone’s former speakeasy, now cigar bar is so up my alley! Love it all. Did your favorite Amazing Travel Adventure – Wisconsin make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures!
Looking for more Mid-West things to do and places to see? Check out my blog post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Minnesota or click here. Discover Lighthouses, Paisley Park and so much more.
Until Next Time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch