Hello and welcome to Best Food and Best Drinks – West Virginia. Here discover Colonel Eggs Benedict, Spinach Mushroom Frittatas West Virginia Fizz cocktails and so much more. Let’s explore Best Food and Best Drinks West Virginia style!
Best Food – West Virginia
Iron Horse Tavern’s website states it is a unique Gastropub featuring New American bites, local beers and specialty cocktails. Check out their menu selections, hours, and more visit www.ironhorsetvrn.com or click here. All photos are courtesy of Iron Horse Tavern.
1. Huevos Rancheros: Fried eggs, Spiced black beans, Chorizo, Salsa verde and Avocado. Topped with cilantro-lime sour cream and white cheddar cheese.
2. Chicken and Waffles: Fried chicken fritters, Belgian waffles, and Bourbon maple syrup, Topped with powdered sugar.
3. Colonel Eggs Benedict: Two fried eggs, buttermilk biscuits and fried chicken. Served with fritters, honey baked jam and jalapeño gravy.
Cathedral Cafe’s website states their cafe is a former church converted into an artsy, relaxed hangout. View gallery photos, menu options and more at www.thecathedralcafe.com or click here. Photos are courtesy of Cathedral Cafe.
1. Spinach Mushroom Frittata: Eggs with tomatoes and onions. Topped with feta cheese. Served with wheat toast.
2. Açaí Bowl: Açaí, bananas, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, coconut milk, almond milk, baca powder and flaxseeds. Topped with GF granola, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, shredded coconut and local honey.
3. Flaky Croissant French Toast: Grilled with cinnamon, eggs, organic vanilla & heavy cream.
Best Drinks – West Virginia
This amazing state themed cocktail comes from West Virginia. Almost Heaven is an Amazing song by John Denver, and an amazing cocktail made at home.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 1 ounce Cran-Cherry juice, 1 ounce Amaretto, 1 ounce vodka, 1 ounce Chambers and 1 ounce pineapple juice. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into cocktail glass filled with ice. Please drink responsibly.
3. Looking for some history, pub fare and craft beer West Virginia style? Visit North End Tavern in Parkersburg. Established in 1899, it is the oldest restaurant in West Virginia. Menu selections and hours can be found at www.netbrewery.com or click here.
This West Virginia Fizz cocktail is so light and refreshing. A Best Drink for any time, but I highly recommend weekends. Cheers to Saturdays!
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces Oola Gin, 1 ounce lemon juice and 1/2 ounce Rosemary simple syrup. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain all ingredients into cocktail glass filled with ice. Top off with club soda. Garnish with lemon slice as desired. Please drink responsibly.
3. Purple Fiddle located in Thomas has something for everyone. Great food, great drinks, great live music and an on-site great place to stay. Event calendars, menus and more can be found at www.purplefiddle.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – West Virginia
Thank you for joining me as we explored Best Food and Best Drinks – West Virginia. We discovered so many new treasures. New gems to put on my list include flaky croissant French toast from Cathedral Cafe and the Almost Heaven cocktail. Did your favorite West Virginia brunch location or state themed cocktail make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Looking for more East Coast food and drinks? Check out my blog post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Virginia or click here. Discover the Hella Fitzgerald from Handsome Biscuit, the Blue Ridge Punch cocktail and so much more.
Until Next Time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch