Hello and welcome to my Travel Destination Guide Best Food and Best Drinks Utah. Here I will be sharing Utah’s Best Brunch locations, Best Bars and Best Cocktail Recipes! Travel with me and discover Fresh Trout Hash from The Foundry Grill, Deep Fried French Toast from Communal Restaurant and a Johnny Utah Cocktail just in time for summer.
BEST FOOD – UTAH
The Foundry Grill is located within the Sundance Mountain Resort, in Sundance, Utah. If you are a fan of having breathtaking views with your brunch, this is the place for you! More menu selections and a gallery of photos visit their website at www.sundanceresort.com or click here. Photos courtesy of The Foundry Grill.
1. Trout Hash: smoked trout topped with fire roasted tomatoes, potatoes and 2 perfect eggs.
2. Dirty Fries: fries topped with truffle aioli, a perfect egg, everything seasoning and green onion.
3. Tuna Toast: toast topped with fresh tuna, avocado spread and citrus miso hollandaise.
Best Food – Utah
Communal Restaurant is located at 102 N University Ave n Provo, Utah. Their website states they strive to bring fresh, local and sustainable ingredients to the table. They serve family style meals, so come hungry and leave happy. To learn more about this Best Brunch location visit their website at www.communalrestaurant.getbento.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Communal.
1. Deep Fried French Toast: deep fried buttermilk dipped French toast topped with powdered sugar. Served with fruit compote and maple syrup.
2. Chicken & Waffles: buttermilk fried chicken stacked with pickle slice on top of home baked biscuits. So, technically it is chicken and biscuits not waffles. But when it tastes this good the change is okay.
3. Biscuits and Gravy: home baked biscuits topped with eggs your style. Served with sausage gravy.
BEST DRINKS – UTAH
A Johnny Utah Cocktail might not make you feel like jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, but it most definitely will put a smile on your face. Some sweet, some spice, some everything nice!
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 3 ounces Altos Tequila, 1 ounce Campari, 1 ounce Lime Juice, 1 ounce Grenadine and 1 ounce Trees Knees Cinnamon Maple Syrup. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into Collins glass filled with ice. Top off with 1 ounce Schweppes Club Soda. Add more or less to taste. If the cocktail inspires you to maybe jump out of a perfectly good airplane, I suggest watching Point Break (1991) first with this tasty cocktail in hand. Cheers to Johnny Utah!
3. Utah’s oldest business is the Shooting Star Saloon located in Huntsville. The saloon opened its doors in 1850 and remains the oldest continuously operating saloon west of the Mississippi. It remains open today with some restrictions. For restriction updates visit their website at www.shooting-star-saloon.business.site or click here.
Best Drinks – Utah
Salt Lake City Spritz is said to be an amazing bitter leaning, low alcohol, pre meal cocktail. Cool and refreshing and actually can be consumed pre-meal, during meal and after meal! Try it, you’ll like it!
1. Fill Collins glass with ice. Add 2 ounces Cranberry-Cherry juice, 4 ounces Maraschino Cherry Liqueur and 2 dashes Orange Bitters. Stir well.
2. Top off with 3 ounces Lamarca Prosecco and stir not so well.
3. The Road Island Diner is an Art Deco car restaurant located in Oakley, Utah. This prefabricated diner was first displayed in the 1939 New York World’s Fair as a featured exhibit. The diner has changed hands and locations several times but has been a Utah landmark since its opening in 2008. For more history, diner hours and the special of the day visit www.roadislanddiner.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Utah
Thanks for joining me as we ate and drank our way through Best Food and Best Drinks – Utah. We discovered a new treasure called Dirty Fries from the Foundry Grill. Amazing individual servings of Chicken and Waffles from Communal. The Salt Lake City Spritz amazing sipper cocktail and so much more. Did your favorite Best Restaurant, Best Bar or Best Cocktail Recipe make my list? If not, please add it to the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Looking to discover more amazing Best Restaurants, Best Bars and Best Cocktail recipes? Explore with my Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Nevada or click here. Discover Red Rocks, River Walks, Area 51 and so much more from Utah’s neighbor to the left!
Until Next Time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch