Hello and welcome to my Travel Destination Guide Best Food and Best Drinks – Texas. Here I will be sharing Texas’ Best Brunch locations, Best Bars and Best Cocktail recipes. Let’s travel and discover Potato Egg Pizza from Tiny Boxwoods, Snooze’s Egg Pot Pie and Texas Prairie Fire Cocktails. Read on!
Best Food – Texas
Tiny Boxwoods is located at 3614 W Alabama Street in Houston, Texas. They specialize in fresh, homemade food, a full espresso bar, creative cocktails and their famous chocolate cookies. More menu selections can be found at www.tinyboxwoods.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Tiny Boxwoods.
1. Mother’s Breakfast: Mother’s sausage or bacon, scrambled eggs, white cheddar grits, biscuit, strawberry jam and whipped honey butter.
2. Avocado Toast: fried egg, cold smoked salmon, sun dried tomatoes, lime, salt, red pepper and honey on organic sourdough bread.
3. Potato and Egg Pizza: pizza dough, potatoes, feta cheese and basil pesto. Topped with egg sunny side up.
Snooze, an AM Eatery is located at 1109 E 5th Street Suite 180 in Austin, Texas. Their website states they offer a recipe for. Better breakfast with real ingredients, responsibly sourced and thoughtfully prepared. To view more amazing menu selections visit www.snoozeeatery.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Snooze an AM Eatery.
1. Egg Pot Pie: flaky puff pastry covered with Snooze’s homemade rosemary sausage gravy and topped with a cage free sunny side up egg. Served with hash browns.
2. OMG French Toast: fresh brioche stuffed with mascarpone and topped with vanilla cream, caramel, fresh strawberries and toasted coconut.
3. Spuds Deluxe: heaping portion of hash browns covered with melted cheddar cheese and jack cheese and scallions. Plus you choice of two more additions from their selection menu. Topped with two cage free eggs your style.
Best Drinks – Texas
The story goes that the Texas Prairie Fire cocktail was created as the punishment for patrons that lost a bar bet. Lose the bet. Drink the shot, Tabasco and all! Cheers to Fire in your glass.
1. Fill a shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces tequila, 1 ounce lemon juice and 2 dashes green Tabasco sauce. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into shot glass. Or if you prefer double the ingredients and strain into cocktail glass filled with ice. Please drink responsibly.
3. Billy Bob’s Texas is a must see if you are visiting Fort Worth. Billy Bob’s is the largest honky tonk with a little bit of everything. Live country music. Check. Indoor rodeo. Check. Mechanical bull. Check. Dozens of serving stations. Check. To check their event calendar visit www.billybobstexas.com or click here.
The Texas Tornado cocktail is a miniature twister inside a glass. Did I just say miniature and Texas in the same sentence? Well the twister might be small but it BIG on taste.
1. Fill cocktail glass with ice. Add 2 ounce Southern Comfort and 2 ounces pineapple juice. Stir well.
2. Add 2 ounces 7up and stir not so well. Add more or less 7up to taste. Please drink responsibly.
3. Looking to buy some cocktails and cowboy hats? Make sure to visit The Buckhorn Saloon & Museum located in San Antonio. To view hours and ticket prices go to www.buckhornmuseum.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Texas
Thanks for joining me as we ate and drank our way thorough Best Food and Best Drink’s – Texas. We discovered a new treasure called Stuffed French toast from Snooze an AM Eatery. It is truly OMG delicious! The Texas Tornado cocktail is an amazing way to cool off from that Texas heat and sometimes crazy weather. Did your favorite Best Restaurant, Best Bar or Best Texas Themed Cocktail make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Looking to discover more amazing Best Restaurants, Best Bars and Best Cocktail recipes? Explore my Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Louisiana or click here. Discover Crawfish Bread with cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese and Crawfish at Luna Bar and Grill. Or sticking with the weather theme cocktail, discover the Hurricane. Cheers to a Louisiana classic!
Until Next Time,