Hello and welcome to my Nest Travel Destination Guide: Amazing Travel Adventures – Texas. Explore with me and discover Texas. Things to see and do include San Antonio River Walk. Houston’s Space Center. Umbrella Alley in Baytown. Plus so much more. Let’s travel Texas style!
River Walks and Rio Grande and Restored History – Texas
1. San Antonio River Walk is often called the Heart of the City. The River Walk has beautiful pathways along the river. It has restaurants to dine. Shops to browse or buy a favorite souvenir. There are museums to explore and so much more. It is the #1 visited attraction in Texas and after your visit you will see why! Looking for COVID update. The food spots and restaurant hours. Area event calendars and more can be found at www.thesanantonioriverwalk.com or click here.
2. Rio Grande is within Big Bend National Park. The Rio Grande technically starts in Colorado and empties into the Gulf of Mexico. The river is a natural border between Texas and Mexico. The Big Bend National Park holds the Rio Grande. The park has over 150 miles of desert and mountain hikes for exploring. To discover more visit www.nps.gov or click here.
3. San Antonio Missions Historical Park has been named a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The only UNESCO site in the entire state of Texas. The Missions Trail includes 5 missions. 1. Mission San Antonio de Valero (The Alamo). 2. Mission Concepcion. 3. Mission San Jose. 4. Mission San Juan. 5. Mission Espada. Check out www.nps.gov or click here for schedules, ticket prices, COVID restrictions and more.
Countdowns and Commencement Ceremonies and Carnival Type Fun – Texas
1. The Space Center Houston is an amazing learning center. Science comes to life with exhibits, museums, interactive displays and so much more. The center is currently offering a FREE virtual tour with the use of their app. To view an event calendar visit their website at www.spacecenter.org or click here.
2. University of Texas at Austin is a public university founded in 1883. The university’s top program’s have an emphasis in health care, higher education and research. UT’s campus is over 430 acres in an urban setting within the state’s capital of Austin. City vibes, history and sports. The University’s sports teams are top notch and I highly recommend attending a Longhorn game. Event calendars, tickets and campus tour information visit www.utexas.edu or click here.
3. Galveston Island Historic Pleasure Park offers waterfront fun and excitement. The Park boasts one roller coaster. Several other types of ride. Carnival games and so much more. To view their live pier cam, buy tickets and see upcoming events visit www.pleasurepier.com or click here.
Baytown Art and Barbecue with a History and Buried Cadillacs – Texas
1.Umbrella Alley is located in Baytown, Texas. Umbrella Alley started as a city’s attempt to beautify their town. The Alley has become one of the most photographed locations in Texas. This amazing photo stop is located at 124 W Texas Ave, Baytown. Bring your camera.
2. The 1974 movie Texas Chainsaw Massacre gas station has been converted to a restaurant and hotel. The restaurant’s sign states “We slaughter barbecue.” Fitting given the movie theme and number of dead bodies that piled up. Visit www.texasgasstation.com or click here. Trip planners can book a room or check out their menu selections.
3. The Cadillac Ranch is located at 13655 I-40 Frontage Rd in Amarillo, Texas. The sculpture is a part of what makes Route 66 so beautiful and enjoyable. This Cadillac tail fin feast for the eyes was created by a group known as The Ant Farm in 1974. Merchandise, photo galleries and more history can be found at www.shopcadillacranch.com or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Texas
Thank you for exploring with me and discovering Amazing Travel Adventures – Texas. This week we discovered San Antonio’s Historical Missions Park. A Historic Pleasure Pier. A Ranch of Cadillacs and so much more. Texas is full of history, art, exploration and so much more. Did your favorite Texas must see and must do make my list? If not please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Looking to discover more treasures? Read my Blog Post A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – New Mexico or click here. Explore with me and discover Carlsbad Caverns. Stand at the Four Corners Monument. Visit Pistachioland and so much more. Travel New Mexico Style.
Until Next Time,