Hello and welcome to my Travel Destination Guide Best Food and Best Drinks – Tennessee. Here I will be sharing Tennessee’s Best Brunch locations, Best Bars and Best Cocktail recipes Tennessee style. Whether you are craving Hodgepodge Hash, live music or Lynchburg lemonade, this post has it all! No idea what I am talking about?! Read on.
Best Food – Tennessee
Milk and Honey serves Breakfast, Brunch, Desserts, Coffee and Teas. Did I mention they serve Brunch All Day?! This Best Food is located at 135 N Market Street in Chattanooga, Tennessee. With COVID restrictions constantly changing as well as their specials visit www.milkandhoneychattanooga.com or click here for updates. Photos courtesy of Milk and Honey.
1. Hot Mess: Bacon, avocado, hot pepper jam, buttermilk biscuit, pickled red onion, chipotle cream and pepper jack cheese. Topped with sunny side up egg and cilantro. Served with berries and pineapple or home fries.
2. SF French Toast: Thick slices of fresh sourdough bread soaked and cast iron cooked. Topped with powdered sugar. Served with fresh fruit, maple syrup and a side of bacon.
3. Hodgepodge Hash: Roasted red and sweet potatoes, sausage, sauteed veggies and onions, caramelized onion and pickled red onion. Topped with sunny side up egg, chipotle cream, feta and cilantro.
Serving hand crafted food from fresh local ingredients Brother Juniper’s breakfast is one not to be missed. Brother Juniper’s is located at 3519 Walker Ave in Memphis, Tennessee. For more menu selections and COVID restriction updates visit their website at www.brotherjunipers.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Brother Juniper’s.
1. Fireman Open Faced Omelet: Bed of avocado spread, topped with sautéed tomatoes and green onions. Chorizo sausage, chipotle hot sauce, jalapeños, cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Served with cheese grits and your choice of toast or biscuit.
2. Cinnamon Roll Pancake: Two pancakes swirled with cinnamon sugar and cream cheese icing.
3. Loaded Biscuits and Gravy: Biscuits topped with sausage gravy, sausage, bacon, cheddar cheese and onions. Kitchen sink not included.
Best Drinks – Tennessee
Why Lynchburg Lemonade you ask? My answer, because we are talking about Tennessee. Sweet and strong and tastes like summer in Tennessee. Cheers to summertime in a glass!
1. Fill shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces Jack Daniels whiskey, 1 ounce triple sec and 1 ounce lemon juice. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into Collins glass filled with ice. Top off with 3 ounces 7up or to taste. Garnish with lemon wedge. Please drink responsibly.
3. Looking for live music to go with your cocktail? Visit the Springwater Supper Club in Nashville, Tennessee. This once speakeasy opened its doors in 1896. It is also where several celebrities have been spotted having a cocktail or starting their music career. Event calendars can be found at www.thespringwater.com or click here.
Once called a Coca Cola High Ball, and reportedly discover in the early 1900’s, Jack and Coke is a North American classic. So simple, yet so tasty.
1. Fill Collins glass with ice. Add 2 ounces Jack Daniels and top off with 4 ounces Coke. Stir well.
2. Add or minus either ingredient to taste. Please drink responsibly.
3. The Flying Squirrel boasts local produce food items and craft drinks in a laid back atmosphere. They had me at weekend brunch and an outside patio. To check hours and current menus visit www.flyingsquirrelbar.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Tennessee
Thanks for joining me as we ate and drank our way through the Best Food and Best Drinks – Tennessee. My new favorite is the Hot Mess from Milk and Honey. It so full of flavor and spice! Best Food for Best Brunch. Jack Daniels and Tennessee go hand and hand. I highly recommend a tour of their distillery and pouring yourself a Coca Cola High Ball. Cheers to Best Drinks. Did your favorite brunch spot, bar or Tennessee themed cocktail make my list? If not, please add into the comments. I am sure there are more Best Food and Best Drinks Tennessee to be discovered.
Looking for more best food and bes drinks? Check out my Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Kentucky or click here. Discover the Sunrise Burrito from Lexington Diner. The Breakfast Casserole at Otto’s. Both top my Best Food lis for Kentucky. The Kentucky Tea cocktail is summertime in a glass and a Best Drinks Kentucky must try.
Until Next Time,