Hello and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide sharing Amazing Travel Adventures – South Carolina. Here you will find Harbour Towns, Charleston’s Historic Market Place, A UFO Welcome Center and so much more. Let’s explore Amazing Travel Adventures – South Carolina Style.
Waterfalls and Harbours and Beaches – South Carolina
1. Raven Cliff Falls Trailhead is located in Cleveland, South Carolina. This trail is 4 miles round trip and shares the King of South Carolina waterfalls, Raven Cliff Falls. Love when the view is worth the hike! For hours, prices and pet policies visit www.southcarolinaparks.com or click here.
2. Harbor Town Lighthouse is located in Hilton Head, South Carolina. The lighthouse has a museum, shop and a bit of a climb to the top. 104 steps in all but the view at the top is worth every step! To view their phot gallery, event calendar and history visit www.harbourtownlighthouse.com or click here.
3. Myrtle Beach, or should I say beaches, is located on the Atlantic Coast of South Carolina. Myrtle Beach is the hub of the Grand Strand, which consists of over 60 miles of beaches. To discover more and start your vacation or getaway check out www.visitmymyrtlebeach.com or click here.
Parks and Markets and Bridges – Amazing South Carolina
1. Ravenel Waterfront Park is located in Charleston, South Carolina. The Park can be found on 8 acres along the Cooper River. It has received the Landmark Award in 2007 and if you get a chance to visit you will see why. To learn more about the Park’s history and design visit www.charlestonparksconservancy.org or click here.
2. Charleston City Market Place states they are the cultural heart of Charleston since 1807. The Market is located on Meeting Street in Charleston, South Carolina. It has reopened with limited hours and masks are mandatory at the time of this post. Meet the locals, meet the crafters and soak in all that the city has to offer. For schedule updates visit www.thecharlestoncitymarket.com or click here.
3. The Arthur Revenel Jr. Bridge is a cable style bridge located between Charleston and Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. The Bridge spans the Cooper River and then some. Over 2.5 miles long it is the 3rd longest cable style bridge in the Western Hemisphere.
Rainbows and UFOs and Murals – South Carolina
1. Rainbow Row is located in Charleston, South Carolina. Rainbow Row was created in the 1930’s and 1940’s. The 13 historical and pastel colorful houses are a very popular tourist attraction and most photographed part of Charleston. To learn more about the houses history and their location visit www.rainbowrowcharlestonsc.com or click here.
2. The UFO Welcome Center is located in Bowman, South Carolina. The Welcome Center was created using spaceships to allow alien travelers a place to rest after their journey to earth and use the toilet if needed, or at least that is what the creator states. The UFO Welcome Center gives a whole new meaning to Amazing Travel Adventures!
3. Tunnelvision is an amazing Street Art piece created by Blue Sky. Blue Sky has several different works of art showcased throughout Columbia, South Carolina. The artists states the mural idea came from a dream and features another world under another moon. To learn more about the famous artists and sculptor visit this website at www.blueskyart.com or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – South Carolina
Thanks for joining me as we discovered Amazing Travel Adventures – South Carolina. This week we discovered over 60 miles of beaches, over 2 miles of bridge cable, tunnels to other worlds and so much more. South Carolina has so much to offer. Did your favorite South Carolina must see and must do place make my list? If not, share your favorite in the comments.
Looking for more East Coast Adventures? Find places to go and to see in my Blog Post: A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures- North Carolina or click here. Discover Swinging Bridge at Grandfather Mountain, The Wright Brothers National Monument, The Dirty Dancing Lake scene location and so much more.
Until Next Time,