Hello and welcome to My Travel Destination Guide B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – New Jersey. Travel with me and explore. New Jersey has so much good food and good cocktails I’m thinking you will find a new favorite!
B Stands for Best Food
First Foodie Lovers New Jersey stop is the Farmhouse Cafe & Eatery located at 301 Center Ave in Westwood, New Jersey. For more menu selections visit their website at www.farmhousecafenj.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Farmhouse Cafe & Eatery.
1. Mexican Scramble – Avocado, black beans, onions, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, sour cream and salsa. Served with home fries.
2. Breakfast Tacos – Scrambles eggs, bacon, pepper jack cheese, topped with pico de gallo, guacamole and cilantro.
3. Salmon Omelette – Fresh local eggs, salmon, cream cheese, scallions, served with home fries and toast.
The next stop on New Jersey’s Foodie Lovers adventure is the Country Pancake House located at 140 E Ridgewood Ave in Ridgewood, New Jersey. For more menu selections visit their website at www.countrypancakehouse.net or click here. Photos courtesy of Country Pancake House.
1. Farmer’s Frittata – Asparagus, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, artichokes, scallions, Swiss cheese and fresh tomato.
2. Pancakes – Strawberry, banana and chocolate pancakes. What combination would you eat?
3. French Toast – Two slices of French toast stuffed with loads of luscious strawberries.
B Stands for Best Drinks
What goes best with good food? Good drinks. New Jersey did not disappoint with The Jersey Devil Cocktail and The New Brunswick Cocktail. These two specialties I will be enjoying again and again. Cocktail Lovers Cheers!
The Jersey Devil
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 4 ounces cranberry juice, 2 ounces apple cider and 1 ounce Apple Jack.
2. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted. Strain into chilled cocktail glass filled with ice.
3. Looking for some history with your cocktail? Stop by Barnsboro Inn located in Sewell, New Jersey. It was established in 1776 and offers an outside patio bar and lots of pub grub to choose from. For more information visit their website at www.barnsboroinn.com or click here.
The new brunswick cocktail
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces grapefruit juice, 1 ounce rye whiskey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon simple syrup.
2. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted. Strain into chilled cocktail glass filled with ice. Top with 1 ounce sweet vermouth and 2 dashes grapefruit bitters.
3. Looking for some parks and recreation to go with your cocktail? Visit Cedar Bridge Tavern located at 200 Old Halfway Rd in Barnegat, New Jersey. For more information visit their website at www.oceancountyparks.org or click here. Cheers to the oldest intact bar in the United States!
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – New Jersey
Thank you for traveling with me through all things food and drink New Jersey style. New Jersey’s stuffed pancakes, stuffed French toast and breakfast tacos are my new favorite things to eat. Did your favorite brunch location make my list? If not please share your in the comments.
Are you a fan of strong cocktails and United States History? The New Jersey is the place to be! Cheers to Barnsboro Inn and Cedar Bridge Tavern.
For more East Coast food and cocktail fun visit my Blog Post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Maine or click here.
Until Next Time,