This travel destination guide for Best Food and Best Drinks – Nevada is sharing the best not Las Vegas food and drinks to discover during your vacation or getaway to Nevada.
B Stands for Best Food
First Nevada Foodie Lover stop is Wet Hen Cafe located at 3979 S. McCarran Blvd in Reno, Nevada. For more information and menu options visit their website at www.wethencafe.com or click here. Photos courtesy of Wet Hen Cafe.
1. Strawberry Crepes. Choice of fresh strawberries or apple compote, I chose the fresh strawberries. Fresh strawberries wrapped in homemade crepes then drizzled with creme fraiche.
2. Breakfast Sandwich. Choice of sausage, Black Forest ham or Smokey bacon and scrambled eggs on a warm croissant.
3. Country Biscuits and Gravy. Two biscuits topped with country style gravy, choice of potatoes, and choice of patty sausage, links or bacon.
Next Nevada Foodie Lover stop is The Coffee Cup located at 512 Nevada Way in Boulder City, Nevada. For more information and menu selections visit their website at www.worldfamouscoffeecup.com or click here. Photos courtesy of The Coffee Cup.
1. French Toast. 1/2 order or full order, I would go with the full order! French toast sprinkled with powdered sugar and cinnamon.
2. Veggie Scramble. Home fries, grille onion, green peppers, tomato, spinach, green Chili’s, broccoli, mushrooms and avocado on top. Served with fresh fruit.
3. Papa con Chile Verde. Hash browns smothered in pork chili verde, cheddar cheese, flour or con tortilla. Add 2 eggs on top for $2 more. Score!
B Stands for Best Drinks
Time for some cocktails. This blog post I am sharing something simply but sweet and something all together explosive! Introducing the Nevada Cocktail and The Atomic Cocktail. Cheers!
1. Add to a cocktail shaker filled with ice 1 1/2 ounces light rum, 1 1/21 ounce grapefruit juice, 1 ounce lime juice, 1 ounce sugar and 1 dash of bitters. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain into chilled cocktail glass filled with ice. Cheers to a great way to beat that Nevada heat!
3. Looking for some history to go with your cocktail? Visit the Genoa Bar and Saloon located at 2282 Main Street in Genoa, Nevada. It is the oldest continuously operating bar since 1853. For more information visit their website at www.genoabarandsaloon.com or click here.
1. Add into shaker filled with ice 1 1/2 ounces vodka, 1 1/2 ounces cognac and 1/2 ounce dry sherry. Cover and shake the shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain into chilled Martini glass and top off with 1 1/2 ounces champagne. Cheers to an amazing explosion for your taste buds!
3. If seeing little green men is more your speed I recommend visiting Little A’Le’Inn located at 9631 Old Mill Rd in Alamo, Nevada. For more information visit their website at www.littlealeinn.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Nevada
Thanks for traveling with me through Nevada. We found some amazing crepes, scrambles and French toast. We also discovered cocktails to cheers and salute Nevada’s rich history and little green men.
Need help finding a way to work off all of that Best Food and Best Drinks? Read my A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Nevada or click here. So much to see and do while visiting Nevada, you will earn every calorie!