This Travel Destination Guide I am sharing B Stands Best Food and Best Drinks – Maine.
B STANDS FOR BEST FOOD
Ohhhhh, Maine! The selection of fresh produce and fresh seafood is truly amazing. The choices were tough to limit but I am sharing my favorites.
Krista’s Restaurant is located at 2 Main Street, Cornish, Maine. Visit their website at www.kristasrestaurant.com or click here for more selections and updates.
- Nutella Stuffed French Toast – filled with nutella and sliced bananas, topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with powdered sugar.
- Egg Scramble – veggies and 3 eggs scrambled, served with toast and your choice of cheddar, swiss, american, feta or herbed cream cheese.
- Chili Omlete – chili is one of the many choices for the create your own omelet. Served with toast and your choice of cheese.
Next place for foodie lovers is Royal River Grill House located at 106 Lafayette Street, Yarmouth, Maine. For more information and updates visit their website at www.royalrivergrillhouse.com or click here.
- Chicken & Waffles – chicken and waffles and eggs and potatoes. Yes, please!
- Salmon Benedict – grilled English muffins, fresh salmon, two poached eggs, covered in hollandaise sauce. All breakfast entrees are served with your choice of house fries or field green salad. Sorry, salad.
- Lobster – of course it’s Lobster, it’s Maine. If your body and your life choices allow you to eat seafood, I highly recommend having lobster at least once while in Maine. You can thank me for it later
B STANDS FOR BEST DRINKS
1. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Absinthe to chilled cocktail glass. Roll glass around to coat inside with Absinthe. MST people discard the excess, but I am not most people. Set glass aside.
2. Add 2 ounces Templeton Rye Whiskey, 3/4 Sweet Vermouth, and 2 teaspoons Lazzaroni Liquori Maraschino Liqueur to mixing glass with ice and stir well. Strain ingredients from mixing glass into Absinthe glass. Enjoy!
3. Looking for some history and culture while drinking your beverage? Visit Natalie’s at Camden Harbour Inn located at 83 Bayview Street, Camden, Maine. The bar has been created from the doors of an old French Convent. Love their reuse, recycle concept. Love their specialty cocktails even more. Visit their website at www.nataliesrestaurant.com or click here to view their menu selections.
Next beverage of choice is the Maine Collins Cocktail. Yes, it has blueberries!
1. Add 8 blueberries, 4 cherries, 1/2 ounce lemon juice and 3/4 ounce simple syrup to a Collins glass. Muddle, muddle, muddle.
2. Add 1 1/2 ounces Bombay Sapphire gin and fill glass with ice. Stir to mix the ingredients. Top off with Club Soda, I used 4 ounces to top off. I also used more than 8 blueberries, they’re Blueberries!
3. Basement bars more your thing? East Street Lounge located at 7 Front Street, Hallowell, Maine, is a drinking town with an antiques problem. The Maine Collins Cocktail might be my new favorite drink of the moment. Wanting to try something different? Easy Street Lounge offers a 64 ounce Mai Tai. Big cheers! Big fun! For more information, including a calendar of events, visit their Facebook page.
B stands for Best food and Best Drinks – Maryland
Thank you for eating and drinking with me in Maine. After sharing a few of my favorite things did your favorites make my list? Are you a fan of fresh blueberries and lobster? Share your Best Food and Best Drinks that Maine has to offer. It really was hard to narrow down all of the choices.
Next blog post I will be sharing C Stands for Can’t Miss Conventions in Maine and Maryland. Click here to read. It’s 2 for 1 FUN! Ready to get your cosplay on? Geek Life!
Until Next Time,