Hello, and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide for Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch, and Conventions – Illinois. Planning your next vacation or day trip get away starts right here. Let’s travel!
AMAZING DRINKS – Illinois
A stands for Amazing Drinks and Illinois does not disappoint. It was really hard to choose just two, but I thought these represented the heart of Illinois and both tasted delicious made at home.
- Pour 2 ounces brandy / cognac, dash of bitters, dash of triple sec into a shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into glass with ice. Top with champagne. Yes, I bought champagne in a can!
- Not ready to be a home bartender? If you are in the Sheffield, Illinois area stop by Psycho Silo Saloon and order one. Tell them Wonder Lesch sent you! For more information visit their website at www.thepsychosilo.com or click here.
- Place 2 teaspoons brown sugar into a coffee mug. Then add 4 ounces hot, strong coffee and stir.
- Pour 1 1/2 ounces of Irish Whiskey into coffee mug and stir again. Add 1 ounce lightly whipped heavy cream, pouring over the back of a spoon to float the cream not mix in the cream. Drink the coffee through the cream.
- Liquid Blues located in Woodstock, Illinois specializes in organic and handmade ingredients sourced from local sources, and offers a variety of live music, small batch spirits, craft beers and daily specials. For more information visit their website at www.liquidbluesbar.com or click here.
BEST BRUNCH – Illinois
B stands for Best Bruch locations. Illinois is my kind of state and has so many Brunch options. Foodie love for Illinois food!
Alexanders Cafe is located at 1650 W Main Street St Charles, Illinois and open daily 0700 – 1500. For more information and menu selections visit their website at www.alexanderscafe.com or click here.
- Southwest Skillet – roasted poblano peppers, onions, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, Chihuahua cheese, served with ranchero salsa.
- Crème Brûlée French Toast – Carmalized with brown sugar, topped with vanilla crème anglaise, whipped cream and blackberries.
- Chilaquiles – corn tortilla chips, tomatillo salsa, Chihuahua cheese, avocado, Cholula sour cream and cilantro.
Brunch Cafe is located at 1500 W Lake St, Roselle, Illinois. For more information and menu updates visit their website at www.brunchcafe.com or click here.
- Crêpes covered with strawberries, bananas, strawberry glaze and vanilla bean glaze.
- Sautéed baby spinach and feta cheese served with brunch potatoes, toast or pancakes.
- Chocolate bacon pancakes with diced bacon, chocolate chips and chocolate drizzle. I’m not making this stuff up, chocolate and bacon pancakes.
CONVENTIONS – Illinois
C stands for Conventions that can’t be missed while visiting if you are in the right place at the right time. I have been known to plan my vacation or staycation so that my days off from work match the dates of the convention. Geek love!
- WindyCon would have been held November 13 – 15, 2020 in Lombard, Illinois. Thank you 2020, not. Their next event is scheduled to take place November 12-14, 2021.
- Adult Weekend Tickets are $50 online, $70 at the door. Youth Weekend Tickets are $30 online, $40 at the door.
- Visit their website at www.windycon.org or click here to get more information and event updates.
- Archon is the Midwest’s Premier Science Fiction and Fantasy Event. The 2020 event has been canceled. Their next event is scheduled to take place October 1-2, 2021.
- Adult Weekend Tickets are $60 through March 31, 2021 and will increase as the event date approaches and will be $75 at the door.
- Visit their website at www.archonstl.com or click here to get more information and event updates.
Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch, Conventions – Illinois
My travel destination guide has all of the great things needed for the best vacation or get away – Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch locations and Conventions not to be missed.
Did one of your favorite things make my list? If not, share it in the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Thank you for reading the A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s of Illinois. I hope sharing a few of my favorite things in this destination guide has inspired you to start planning your next vacation or getaway to Illinois. Below are some items to help get your planning and enjoying started.
Loking for more Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch and Can’t Miss Conventions? Read my blog post Amazing Travel Adventures – Kentucky or click here. Best Food and Best Drinks – Kentucky or click here. Can’t Miss Conventions – Kentucky or click here.
Until next time,
**This site contains affiliate links to products I recommend. I may receive a commission for purchase made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support.