Hello, and welcome to my next destination guide for places to go for Amazing Drinks, Best Brunch locations and Conventions that can not be missed during your vacation or day trip to Florida. Come travel with me!
A is for Amazing Drinks. The drinks I decided to share can be found throughout Florida, or by using the recipes included in my post, you can make them at home. Cheers!
The Rum Runner is a delicious tropical cocktail that was invented at Islamorada”s Holiday Isle Tiki Bar.
- Add 1 ounce light rum, 1 ounce dark rum, 1 ounce banana liqueur, 1 ounce blackberry liqueur, 1 ounce orange juice, 1 ounce pineapple juice and a splash of grenadine to a shaker with ice.
- Strain all ingredients into a hurricane glass over ice.
- Garnish with fresh fruit. Enjoy!
My next choice to share is called Miami Vice, yes like the TV show! Two blended sides that equal One Amazing Drink.
- In a blender, add 1 ounce rum, 1 cup strawberries, 1 ounce lime juice, 1/2 ounce simple syrup and 1 cup crushed ice. Blend until smooth. Put blended ingredients into hurricane glass and freeze until second part is completed.
- Rinse out the blender and add 1 ounce rum, 2 ounces cream of coconut, 2 ounces pineapple juice and 1 cup crushed ice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour new ingredients into hurricane glass with the other ingredients. Garnish with a pineapple slice. Enjoy!
B is for Best Brunch locations in Florida. I am a true foodie and I love going where the great food is. Did you pack your stretchy pants?!
- Sansara is located at 1315 Ponce De Leon Blvd Miami, Florida.
- Too hard to choose just one, so I am sharing my top three: Upper Left Corner is Croqueta Cake Benedict, Lower Left Corner is Huevos Fritos and Maduro Hash and last but not least Upper Right Corner is Tomato Confit Toast.
- Take a look at their Menu. What item is your top choice?
Did someone say All Day Brunch? That is what ChillBar offers. Yes, please!
- ChillBar is located at 1940 N 30th Road Hollywood, Florida.
- My top three: Upper Left Corner is Luscious Savannah Shrimp and Grits, Lower Left Corner is Chill Benedict (you know I had to choose the Benedict!) and last but not least in the Upper Right Corner is French Toast Supreme.
- Good luck narrowing down your choice! Stretchy pants!
C is for Conventions that can’t be missed! Florida has several events that are held throughout the year. Multiple themes and multiple events! I’m liking your style Florida.
- Hero Hype Gaming Expo showcases products from the gaming & comic book industry, video games, game related products, comics books, anime & more. I have included their photo for the Miami, Tampa and Orlando shows.
- Adult Weekend Tickets are $40 and Adult Single Saturday Tickets are $25.
- Visit their website at http://www.herohype.com for more information and convention updates. Get your cosplay ready!
- Spooky Empire is an American multigenre convention focused primarily on horror and science fiction. The convention, which is billed as “the dark side of Comic-Con”, features vendors, a film and tattoo festival, music, and celebrity guests.
- Adult Weekend Tickets are $75 and Adult Single Saturday Tickets are $45.
- Visit their website at http://www.spookyempire.com for more information and convention updates. Do you dare to attend?
My destination travel guide has only scratched the surface for what Florida has to offer. It’s Amazing Drinks, don’t hate me for not being able to get the theme song for the Miami Vice TV show out of your head! It has been playing in my head for over a week now! The Best Brunch choices make me hungry just looking at the photos of the food! Conventions that can’t be missed. Do you choose the DarkSide of Comic Con? I know I sure did!
Thank you for reading the A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s of Florida. I hope my sharing a bit has inspired you to plan your next vacation or day trip to Florida. Below are some items to you plan your A, B, C!
Until next time,
**This site contains affiliate links to products I recommend. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!