Hello and welcome to my next destination guide B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Connecticut. Here I share places to go for Best Brunch locations and share state themed cocktail recipes. Come travel with me as we eat and drink Connecticut style.
Best Food – Connecticut
While all you can eat brunch and bottomless Mimosas rate high on my list of go to places, I am a true foodie and I go where the great food is. And, yes, I always pack a pair of my stretchy pants when I travel.
The Hub & Spoke, located at 3001 Fairfield Avenue in Bridgeport, Connecticut, offers an all you can eat Sunday Brunch with unlimited Mimosas or Bloody Marys. Menu selections and hours can be found at www.hubandspokect.com of click here.
1. Grab a plate.
2. Fill your plate with locally crafted, seasonal food menus. They offer an omelet bar, waffle station and fresh hand made pastries and treats.
3. Enjoy the freshest ingredients from land and sea along with breathtaking views of Southern Connecticut’s waterfront. Photos are courtesy of The Hub & Spoke.
Fresh Salt, is located at 2 Bridge Street in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, and offers Brunch Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I love when the weekend truly starts on Friday! If you are ready to start your weekend on Friday check out their hours and menu selections at www.saybrook.com or click here
1. Grab a plate. Try to decide which amazing items to eat first.
2. Fill up your plate. They offer a huge selection of Brunch choices, including made to order fresh food options.
3. Enjoy eating every bite on your plate. Photos courtesy of Fresh Salt.
Best Drinks – Connecticut
The Dark & Stormy Cocktail is a perfect combination of light and refreshing. I am not sure where the Dark & Stormy name came from? It is a tasty cocktail to enjoy anytime of year.
1. Fill Collins glass with ice. Add 2 ounces Cruzan Aged Dark Rum and 1/2 ounce lime juice. Stir well.
2. Top off with Ginger Beer or the amount to your taste. Stir not so well. Please drink responsibly.
3. The Little River Restoratives, located at 405 Capitol Avenue in Hartford, Connecticut, offers quite a selection of specialty cocktails. Enjoy your Dark & Stormy, or The Harvard, or?? Cocktail menus and event calendars can be found on their Facebook page.
The bullfrog is the largest type of frog found in the United States. The state of Connecticut is not the largest state in the United States but, someone decided to create a drink to honor the frog and the state.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounces Oola Gin, 1 ounce Cruzan Aged Light Rum, 1 ounce lemon juice and 1 ounce maple syrup. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain all ingredients into cocktail glass filled with ice. Garnish with lemon wedge as desired. Please drink responsibly.
3. When I think of Connecticut, I have to admit, I do not think of wine. In 2014 the state of Connecticut drank more white wine than the state of California, and that is a lot of wine. I had to read it to believe it. Sunset Meadows Vineyards offers a flavorful assortment of wines. Follow Connecticut’s lead and order a glass, or bottle, of white wine. Hours and wine selections can be found at www.sunsetmeadowvineyards.com or click here.
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Connecticut
Thank you for joining me as we explored Best Food and Best Drinks – Connecticut. So many places to go and so many things to taste, wine not plan a trip to Connecticut. There is definitely something for everyone. We discovered the Hub & Spoke that offers an amazing brunch and unlimited Bloody Marys or Mimosas. We also discovered the amazing state themed cocktail the Connecticut Bulldog. Did your favorite Connecticut brunch location or cocktail make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Ready to explore more food and drinks East Coast style? Read my blog post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Rhode Island. Discover Chocolate Croissant French Toast at The Cooked Goose. Create your own New England Sour cocktail at home. So much to explore and discover, cheers to Rhode Island.
Until Next Time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch