Hello and welcome to Can’t Miss Events – California. Explore with me and discover Halloween in Summer. Los Angeles’s Longest Running Science Fiction and Fantasy Convention. A Central Valley Music Festival. And a West Coast International Film Festival. There is so much to see and do. Let’s travel California style.
MidSummer Scream – California
1. MidSummer Scream is a Halloween and Horror Convention. Their website states this Can’t Miss Event has all of the frights of Halloween over one summer weekend. Halloween is my favorite time of the year! Celebrating it twice is a YES for me!
2. This gathering’s next event is scheduled to take place July 31 – August 2, 2020. Adult Weekend tickets are $36 for early bird. Gold VIP tickets are $125.
3. Celebrity Guests. Cosplay Costumes. Panels and Workshops. Visit www.midsummerscream.org to learn more. Photos are courtesy of MidSummer Scream.
LosCon – California
1. LosCon is the longest running Science Fiction & Fantasy Convention in Los Angeles. This Can’t Miss Event features guest panels, a film festival, an art show and so much more.
2. Mark November 27 – 29, 2020 on your calendars. Tickets for age 13 years old and up are $50. Age 6-13 years old tickets are $25. For those 5 and younger admission is FREE. Photos shared are courtesy of LosCon.
3. Check out the event calendars at www.loscon.org or click here. Discover panels, workshops and so much more.
Lightning in a Bottle – California
1. Lightning in a Bottle or LIB is an annual music festival held in the Central Valley. Their website states their event promotes sustainability, social cohesion and creative expression. Sounds to me like an amazing weekend adventure!
2. General Admission 4 day tickets are $349. 5 day General Admission tickets are $419. May 20 – 25, 20202 is LIB’s next Can’t Miss Event. All photos are courtesy of Lightning in a Bottle and Curious Josh Photography.
3. Please check their website for updates at www.libfestival.org or click here. Social distancing and restrictions are starting to be mandated.
Santa Barbara International Film Festival – California
1. The Santa Barbara International Film Festival is an annual 11 day film event. Screening over 200 films from different countries and regions. Feature films, Check. Short films, Check.
2. SBIFF’s next event is scheduled to take place March 31 – April 10, 2021. Bundle prices to view all films in the festival are $350. Per film screening prices are $10 each. All photos are courtesy of Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
3. Festival updates can be found on their website www.sbiff.org or click here. View screening schedules, Q & A panels and more.
C Stands for Can’t Miss Events – California
Thank you for exploring with me and discovering Can’t Miss Events – California. MidSummer Scream is one the new treasure to add to my favorites list. Halloween is my favorite days of the year. MidSummer Scream lets me celebrate that favorite day twice! Did your favorite California can’t miss event make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Looking for more West Coast events to attend? Check out my blog post C Stands for Can’t Miss Events – Oregon or click here. Discover Rose City Comic Con. RCCC is an annual event held in Portland showcasing all things SciFi and Fantasy. Don’t forget to add to your list OryCon, Ashland Independent Film Festival and Waterfront Blues Festival as Oregon events that can’t be missed.
Until Next Time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch