Hello and welcome to my Best Food and Best Drinks – California travel destination guide. Follow me and explore California’s Best brunch locations, Best state themed cocktails and Best bars. Let’s travel California style.
Best Food – California
Eat This Cafe offers brunch all day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Bottomless Mimosas are included with their brunch located at 6547 Santa Monica Blvd in Los Angeles. Their food is amazing and a great way to get your weekend started early! Daily specials can be found at www.eatthiscafe.com or click here. All photos are courtesy of Eat This Cafe.
1. Crab Cake Benedict: Poached eggs topped with spicy hollandaise on a bed of arugula and sriracha sauce
2. Grand Marnier French Toast topped with fresh oranges, butter and powdered sugar. Served with real maple syrup.
3. Chilaquiles: Fried eggs, queso fresco, salsa verde, sour cream, nomads tortilla chips and Spanish rice.
Met Him at a Bar is gaining quite a name for itself and its fine Italian dinner menus. I discovered this gem at 801 South La Brea Ave in Los Angeles. I also discovered it has an amazing brunch menu. To view menu selections visit their website at www.methimatabar.com or click here. All photos are courtesy of Met Him at a Bar.
1. Crispy French Toast: Cinnamon swirl brioche, creme brûlée base and corn flakes. Topped with Nutella and fresh berries.
2. Fried Chicken & Waffle: Thai style with tom yum seasoning and crispy basil.
3. Breakfast Burrito: Scrambled eggs, bacon chorizo, cheddar cheese, onion and tomato. Served with waffle fries and your choice of fruit, salad or potatoes.
Best Drinks – California
LA Water cocktail is a true representation of the city of Los Angeles. This cocktail has sweet, sour, and is as strong as the people that live there. I Love LA!
1. Fill cocktail shaker with with ice. Add 1 ounce tequila, 1 ounce rum, 1 ounce sweet & sour, 1 ounce blue curaçao, 1 ounce blueberry liqueur, 1 ounce gin, 1 ounce triple sec, 1 ounce vodka and 1 ounce melon liqueur. Stir well.
2. Strain ingredients into Collins glass filled with ice. Please drink responsibly.
3. Is wine is more your style? California is know for its wine and I highly recommend a visit to Doffo Winery in Temecula. This family owned winery must be doing something right. Their 2017 Malbec has won Double Gold and rated 95 points at the Sunset International Wine Competition. Cheers to California wine! Tell Shannon Wonder Lesch sent you!
California Surfer cocktail reminds me of my attempts at surfing when i was younger, much younger. The coconut rum and pineapple juice is riding the waves. The Jagermeister is the face plant.
1. Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add 2 ounce pineapple juice, 2 ounces coconut rum and 2 ounces Jagermeister. Cover and shake until shaker becomes frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain ingredients into cocktail glass filled with ice. Enjoy the dance. Please drink responsibly.
3. Not interested in dancing? Dracaena Wines is located in Paso Robles. There is no surfing or face planting n Paso. There is a Bronze Award winner at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, a 2017 Classic Cabernet Franc. Rated 92 Points by the Wine Enthusiast and is a different type of dancing. Tell Lori Wonder Lesch sent you! Cheers!
B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – California
Thank you for joining me as we explored Best Food and Best Drinks – California. We discovered Eat The Cafe’s Grand Marneir French Toast, Met Him at a Bar’s Thai style chicken & waffles, what LA Water really tastes like and so much more. Did your favorite California Brunch location, state themed cocktail recipe or winery make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures.
Looking for more West Coast food and drinks? Check out my blog post B Stands for Best Food and Best Drinks – Oregon or click here. Discover Crescent Cafe’s Lemon and Berry Crepes, MacKay Cottage Restaurant’s Guacamole n’ Roll, Oregon Grinder Cocktail and so much more.
Until next time,
Erin at Wonder Lesch