Hello and welcome to this week’s travel destination guide: Amazing Travel Adventures – Alaska. Come explore with me and discover the highest mountain in North America, Aurora’s Ice Museum and so much more. Let’s travel Alaska style.
Mountains and Glaciers and Trains – Alaska
1. The Denali Mountain range (formerly known as Mount McKinley) is the highest mountain peak in North America. The summit sits over 20, 000 feet above sea level. The Denali National Park & Preserve covers over six million acres. The Park showcases nature at its finest with wild animals wandering, snow covered peaks and campgrounds to be a part of it all. Hours, campsites restrictions and more can be found at www.nps.gov or click here.
2. Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve is located west of Juneau. The Parks website states it covers over 3 million acres of rugged mountains, dynamic glaciers, temperate rainforest and so much more. Check out the Park’s history, long distance classrooms, visitor’s guide and more at www.nps.gov or click here.
3. White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad was built during the Klondike Gold Rush in 1898. The railway car climbs almost 3,000 feet along the tracks to its summit peak. White Pass updates, ticket prices and schedules can be found at www.wpyr.com or click here.
Historic Parks and Ice Museums and Riverboats – Alaska
1. Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park is located in Skagway, Alaska. The visitor’s center has information on park programs, hikes, tours and so much more. Their website www.nps.gov shares history, schedules and information to plan your trip.
2. Aurora Ice Museum is located in Fairbanks, Alaska. This chilly museum is open year round. Showcases ice sculptures, a cocktail bar and parka rentals. Why the parka rentals you may ask? The inside temperature averages 25 degrees. Menus, hours, room reservations and more can be found at www.chenahotsprings.com or click here.
3. Riverboat Discovery tours operate from Fairbanks and travel on the Chen’s and Tanana Rivers. Riverboat Discovery cruises are family owned for five generations. The three hour tour offers on water and on land experiences, history, breathtaking views and more. Visit www.riverboatdiscovery.com or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Alaska
Thank you for me as we explored and discovered Amazing Travel Adventures – Alaska. We discovered a Gold Rush Railroad, Riverboats and so much more. Did your favorite Alaska adventure make my list? If not, please share in the comments. I love discovering new treasures!
Looking for more treasures to discover? Let’s travel West Coast to East Coast and discover new Maine treasures! Check out my Blog Post: A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Maine or click here. Explore with me and discover Maine’s very own Cadillac Mountain, Atlantic Puffins Colonies, a Stephen King book location or setting tour and so much more. Maine had me at Puffins!
Until Next Time
Erin at Wonder Lesch