Hello and welcome to this week’s Travel Destination Guide. This week I will be sharing: A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Alabama. Alabama, also known as the Heart Of Dixie, offers many adventures and discoveries to fall in love with. State Parks, Space Ships and Speedways are just a few of my new favorite things. Come travel with me and discover more.
Parks and Shores and Canyons – Alabama
1. Cheaha State Park is surrounded by the Talladega National Forest. The forest is a part of the Appalachian Mountains. The State Park holds the highest point in Alabama. Sitting at over 2,000 feet above sea level, its views are truly breathtaking. To find out more information visit their website at www.stateparks.com or click here.
2. The Gulf Shore is located on Alabama’s Gulf Coast. Known for its white sand beaches, hiking trails, and more. There are over 32 miles of amazing travel adventures. The Shores have something for everyone. Want to discover more amazing travel adventures? Visit www.gulfshores.com or click here.
3. Little River Canyon National Preserve is located in Fort Payne, Alabama. The Preserve features over 26 miles of trails. Hiking trails on foot and paved bike trails offer easy to challenge levels. So much to see and explore! Looking to find the right trail for you? Visit www.nps.gov or click here.
Rockets and Stadiums and Civil Rights – Alabama
1. U.S. Space and Rocket Center is located in Huntsville, Alabama. The Center is a Smithsonian Affiliate. It is also an official visitor center for NASA. Their website states they hold the largest collection of rockets and space memorabilia on display in the world. How many of you wanted to to go Space Camp when you were younger?! For more information visit www.rocketcenter.com or click here.
2. Bryant Denny Stadium is located on the University of Alabama campus. The first football game in the officially dedicated stadium was on October 5, 1929. The game was against Ole Miss. The Tide won that game. The rivalry between the two teams has been present ever since. Attending a game to see the sea of burgundy is an adventure of a lifetime. Visit www.rolltide.com or click here for updates regarding games and rules for attendees.
3. Rosa Parks Library and Museum is located in Montgomery, Alabama. The museum location is also the location where Rosa Parks was arrested. Rosa failed to give up her seat on the bus to a white passenger. That was the beginning of history in the making. The library and museum tell the story of Rosa Parks’ role in history and in the Civil Rights Movement. For more information and updates visit www.troy.edu or click here.
Grottoes and Carnivals and Speedways – Alabama
1. Ave Maria Grotto is located in Cullman, Alabama. The Grotto is 4 acres of miniature reproductions. The Grotto showcases some of the most famous and iconic religious structures in the world. All items have been created from discarded building supplies, sea shells, jewelry and so much more. To learn more visit www.avemariagrotto.com or click here.
2. Mobile Carnival Museum is located in Mobile, Alabama. The museum opened its door in 2005. It is completely dedicated to showcasing all things Mardi Gras. Discover Amazing Mardi Gras history. Carnival costumes. Parades from the past. For more information visit www.mobilecarnivalmuseum.com or click here.
3. Talladega Speedway is NASCAR’s biggest race track. The SuperSpeedway is located in Lincoln, Alabama. The ‘Bama 400 Grad Touring race was held September 13, 1969. The history and races have continued to inspire ever since. Can’t make it to the raceway? I highly recommend watch the movie Talladega Nights. It is NASCAR and comedy all rolled into one. To get more information about the Talladega Speedway visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or click here.
A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Alabama
Thank you for traveling with me to A Stands for Amazing Travel Adventures – Alabama. There is so much to do and discover. Alabama State Parks, Alabama Football and Alabama History can be experienced during your next vacation or getaway.
Looking for more down south things to do? Read my blog post A Standing for Amazing Travel Adventures – Louisiana or click here.
Until Next Time,