Hello and welcome to my next Travel Destination Guide, C Stands for Can’t Miss Convention. This week I am sharing a few of my favorite things I discovered in Massachusetts’ Geek Life.
Massachusetts has several conventions to attend, both big and small. I have decided to share one of each. In the other Massachusetts blog post, Amazing Travel Adventures, I shared the amazing history to be experienced. The Convention life in Massachusetts also has a long history of fandom.
ARISIA is an event held annually in Boston, Massachusetts in January over Martin Luther King Jr weekend. The first Arisia Convention was held in 1990 and it has continued to grow ever since.
1. Arisia is an event for fans of science fiction, fantasy and media. There is something for all likes and all ages, including one of my favorites, Artist’s Alley. The Alley showcases so much creativeness! The talent found there is out of this world, sometimes literally.
2. Arisia 2021 will be an online event. I know. I know. Looks like things are not getting back to normal in 2021. Tickets for the virtual Arisia is $25 for all ages.
3. For more information and event updates visit their website at http://www.Arisia.org
FAN EXPO BOSTON
The Fan Expo Boston was formerly Boston Comic Con. Fan Expo Boston is a multigenre annual event held in Boston, Massachusetts. Boston Comic Con was founded and held its first event in 2007. Fan Expo Boston’s (new name) first official event was held in 2017.
1. Fan Expo Boston is 3 days of full filled fandom events. Comic books, media guests, cosplayers, gaming and Artists’ Alley and auction.
2. The next event is scheduled to take place August 6 – 8, 2021. Early Bird Adult Single Day tickets are $30. The price goes up to $40 after January 15, 2020. Early Bird Adult 3-Day tickets are $75. The price goes up to $105 after January 15, 2021.
3. For more information and updates visit their website at http://www.fanexpohq.com
4. Why the photo of Jeff Goldbum you ask? Because it’s Jeff Goldblum!
This edition of my A, B, C’s and 1, 2, 3’s Travel Destination Guide shared my top two Can’t Miss Conventions in Massachusetts. Did your event make my list? If not, please share your favorite(s) in the comments section. I love learning and discovering new treasures.
Thank you for reading this week’s Can’t Miss Conventions blog post. I hope reading about Amazing Travel Adventures, Best Food and Best Drinks, and Can’t Miss Conventions has inspired you to start planning your next vacation or get away trip to Massachusetts.
Until Next Time,