Hello and welcome to the next edition of My Travel Destination Guide for Best Food and Best Drinks. This week we are traveling to Kentucky, USA.
B Stands for Best Food
Looking for goodies for foodies? Kentucky has you covered. First stop Lexington Diner located at 841 Lane Allen Road in Lexington, Kentucky. Breakfast is served all day!
1. Caprese Omelet – eggs, mozzarella, tomatoes and pesto.
2. Lexington Breakfast – two eggs your way, with your choice of meat, side and toast.
3. Sunrise Burrito – scrambled eggs, chorizo, peppers & cheddar, folded into a grilled flour tortilla with sour cream, house made salsa and guacamole.
Next stop, Otto’s located at 521 Main Street in Covington, Kentucky. Brunch is served Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
1. Lemon Blueberry Pancakes – lemon, blueberry buttermilk pancakes with berry compote and whipped cream.
2. Breakfast Casserole – layered with sausage, potatoes, spinach, red peppers, mushrooms, onions, cheese and eggs. Served with your choice of side.
3. Benedict Otto’s – country ham, poached egg, dill Holland is, sautéed cherry tomatoes and kale over a fried bacon and cheese grit cake.
B Stands for Best Drinks
Next we move onto Kentucky’s Best Drinks. More research, I know it’s a tough job but, somebody has to do it!
1. Pour 11/2 ounces Bourbon, 1/2 ounce Jagermeister, 3/4 ounce lemon juice, 1/2 ounce honey syrup, 2 dashes of bitters into cocktail shaker full of ice. Cover and shake until frosty and most of the ice has melted.
2. Strain into tall glass with ice. Top off with soda water. Garnish with mint sprig as desired
3. Visiting the Louisville area, stop by Hell or High Water. This Speakeasy, whiskey bar is located at 112 West Washington Street, Louisville, Kentucky and serves an amazing Derby Italians. Cheers!
1. Pour 2 ounces Bourbon, 1 ounce triple sec, 1 ounce lime juice, 1/2 ounce simple syrup into cocktail shaker filled with ice. Cover and shake until frosty and most of the ice is melted.
2. Strain into tall glass with ice. Top off with ginger ale.
3. Visiting the Louisville, Kentucky area, stop by Trouble Bar located at 1149 South Shelby Street. Enjoy their Bourbon and whiskey flights and all sorts of fancies.
So many choices of deliciousness to be found in Kentucky. My favorite is The Whiskey Row. It is exactly what it sounds like, a row of Whiskey distilleries that you can tour and taste! Did someone say Bourbon?! Thank you for eating and drinking with me all things Kentucky. Did your favorite food and drink from Kentucky make my list? Share your favorites in the comments. Cheers!
Until Next Time,