Hello and Welcome to the next edition of my Travel Destination Guide for Amazing Travel Adventures, Best Food and Drink, and Can’t Miss Conventions for Iowa, USA.
B Stands for Best Food and Drinks
Iowa, I am impressed with the selection of food and drink that you have to offer. Choosing my top two was a bit harder than I thought it would be.
The Cafe is located at 2616 Northridge Parkway in Ames, Iowa
- Quiche Lorraine – bacon, caramelized onion & gruyere cheese in their classic French/style quiche with salad green and fruit
- Breakfast Slate – Brie, fruit skewer, marcona almonds, prosciutto, soft scramble pecorino egg, epi baguette with house jam and cashew butter.
- Portobello Scramble – Cheesy eggs scrambles with pan-seared Portobello mushrooms, red onions, fresh asparagus, served with cafe potatoes and toast.
Next spot for Best Food is The Bluebird Diner located at 330 East Market Street in Iowa City, Iowa.
- Krakatoa – Pecanwood smoked bacon, jalapeno, red onion, garlic, cilantro lime cream cheese and molten pepper jack cheese. Served with hash browns and choice of toast.
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast – served with creamy whipped butter and syrup. Add strawberries, bananas, griddl’d bananas, walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips, raisins or blueberries.
- Slammin’ Salmon Omelets – Cold smoked salmon, red onion, red bell pepper, capers and lemon herb cream cheese. Topped with fresh scallions
Best drinks, drinks, drinks! Okay, there are only 2 drinks listed but it sounded better with 3!
- The Templeton Rye Distillery opened in 2018 in, you guess it, Templeton, Iowa.
- The whiskey currently distilling at this new location will be ready for consumption in 2022. Templeton Rye has always been made in Templeton, Iowa, but with the distillery opening it allows a big part of the whiskey making process to take place in Templeton, where it all began.
- Open a bottle of The Good Stuff. Pour over large cube of ice. Sip and enjoy!
Looking for a Best Drink mixed Cocktail? Look no further.
- Oatmeal cookies. When I think of Oatmeal Cookies I think of the photo in the upper left. Apparently Iowa has a very different version of what an Oatmeal Cookie is. I actually like their version better!
- Pour 1 ounce Butterscotch Schnapps, 1 ounce Irish Cream Liqueur and 1 ounce Cinnamon Schnapps into cocktail shaker full of ice.
- Shake cocktail shaker until it becomes frosty. Strain ingredients into glass filled with ice. Eating and drinking Oatmeal Cookies is the Best way to enjoy Iowa’s Best Food and Drinks, Cheers!
Thank you for reading about a few of my favorite Best Food and Drinks that Iowa has to offer. I really love the idea of eating and drinking my Oatmeal Cookies! Have you traveled to Iowa and had something to eat or drink you would like to share. Drop your favorite in the comment section. I would love to add to my must try list.
Until Next Time,